Author Topic: wxSmith properties grid with memory  (Read 4861 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
wxSmith properties grid with memory
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:46:03 pm »
hi byo,

I know, that you don't have much time and that you are working on the new wxSmith in the little time you do have ...

but I have a suggestion: it would be great if the property grid showing all the properties of the currently selected item in the editor would have a little bit of memory. you see if I wan't to change a configuration on various items and this property is down at the bottom of the grid so that I have to scroll there ( I have a rather small monitor  :? ) every time I select another item the grid jumps to the start again and again I have to scroll down to the property I want to edit or compare or copy...

regards and greetings from asturias

nausea
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxSmith properties grid with memory
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 09:49:53 pm »
That would be a very nice feature indeed :) I thought about it a while ago but must have forgotten it. The fast solution should be quite easy to implement - just remember the name of property selected just before changing selection and search for property with same name after changing the selection. So maybe I'll be able to implement it right now :)

Just to clarify one thing (maybe I understood you wrong so don't be mad if I did ;) ). The "new wxSmith" is the one currently included in C::B sources, the old version was complitely removed few months ago so such division between new and old one is no longer necessary.

Regards
   BYO