Author Topic: The 15 November 2007 build (4639) is out.  (Read 80104 times)

Offline idblew

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 15 November 2007 build (4639) is out.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 02:14:51 pm »
I'm referring to the "update.bat" in the wxSmith plugin source directory not the main "update.bat"

When I load Code::Blocks i'm getting:

Plugin resource not found: byogames.zip
Plugin resource not found: cb_koders.zip
Plugin resource not found: codesnippets.zip
Plugin resource not found: codestat.zip
Plugin resource not found: copystrings.zip
Plugin resource not found: DragScroll.zip
Plugin resource not found: envvars.zip
Plugin resource not found: keybinder.zip
Plugin resource not found: lib_finder.zip
Plugin resource not found: Profiler.zip
Plugin resource not found: SymTab.zip
Plugin resource not found: wxsmith.zip
Plugin resource not found: wxSmithContribItems.zip

The DLLs for these are in the plugins directory just not these ZIP files.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:56:39 pm by idblew »

Offline idblew

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 03:30:05 pm »
Ok, here's what is happening.

For the plugins previously mentioned the post-build command specified in the plugin project is either not running or failing.  See table below for details:

Plugin                  Post-Build Routine
byogames                zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\byogames.zip manifest.xml
cb_koders               zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\cb_koders.zip manifest.xml
codesnippets            update.bat
codestat                zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\codeblocks\codestat.zip resources\manifest.xml resources\*.xrc
copystrings             zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\copystrings.zip manifest.xml
DragScroll              zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\DragScroll.zip manifest.xml
envvars                 zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\codeblocks\envvars.zip manifest.xml *.xrc
keybinder               zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\keybinder.zip manifefest.xml
lib_finder              update.bat
Profiler                zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\codeblocks\Profiler.zip resources\manifest.xml resources\*.xrc
SymTab                  zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\codeblocks\SymTab.zip resources\manifest.xml resources\*.xrc
wxsmith                 update.bat
wxSmithContribItems     zip -j9 ..\..\..\devel\share\CodeBlocks\wxSmithContribItems.zip manifest.xml

By manually running these commands from the appropriate directory then everything works fine.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:32:50 pm by idblew »

Offline Acki

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 03:50:35 pm »
Nice to know what OS, what wx version, what C::B version/revision (self-compiled)...?! No such information - no help possible.
Ohh, yeah, sorry  :D
I'm using WinXP(sp2) on a Celeron 2.66GHz with 1GB RAM...
C::B and wx all from this thread (nothing self-compiled just downloaded from the links above)...

EDIT: btw, you can download the RubCube program at my site: http://abusoft.g0dsoft.com
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 05:00:23 pm by Acki »

Offline reptils

• Winsplit Revolution
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 05:12:13 pm »
I have the same configuration... and the same problem.
There is codeblocks.RTP generated after crash
http://reptils.free.fr/forumhardware/images/codeblocks.RPT
WinSplit Revolution http://reptils.free.fr

Offline Acki

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 05:22:01 pm »
Well, for me it doesn't crash and doesn't create any log files...
C::B works, but it won't open a project by double click on the project file and it blocks the folder of the project until I close C::B...
If I open the project from within C::B it loads and works fine, just the double click fault...
I can also open projects after I tried to open a project by double click, but the folder of the double clicked project is still blocked until I close C::B...
And after closing C::B I get this "File not found..." error message for the double clicked project...

Offline reptils

• Winsplit Revolution
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 05:34:01 pm »
Curiously I'm the only who have the crash problem  :?
Even if I open first C::B and use load project, I have the C::B crash. I had the same problem with several previous version. I think there is a problem with wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx286 because with an october version (I don't remember which one) using wx284 I don't have this problem.

EDIT: I have tried with the builds 4564 and the 4540 (wx284). My project can be loaded I can compile and use normaly C::B.
But:
1 My explorer window where lie my project freeze for several seconds
2 when I'm closing C::B with the close button sometime I have a crash codeblocks.RPT.
I have tried the 14 November 2007 build (4630) (wx286) and my project can't be loaded -> crash...

If killerbot or someone else would like to try loading my project I can share it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 06:20:06 pm by reptils »
WinSplit Revolution http://reptils.free.fr

Offline pauliusz

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 06:20:38 pm »
I'm referring to the "update.bat" in the wxSmith plugin source directory not the main "update.bat"

When I load Code::Blocks i'm getting:

Plugin resource not found: byogames.zip
Plugin resource not found: cb_koders.zip
Plugin resource not found: codesnippets.zip
Plugin resource not found: codestat.zip
Plugin resource not found: copystrings.zip
Plugin resource not found: DragScroll.zip
Plugin resource not found: envvars.zip
Plugin resource not found: keybinder.zip
Plugin resource not found: lib_finder.zip
Plugin resource not found: Profiler.zip
Plugin resource not found: SymTab.zip
Plugin resource not found: wxsmith.zip
Plugin resource not found: wxSmithContribItems.zip

The DLLs for these are in the plugins directory just not these ZIP files.

My fault. Patch 2234 broke target post build commands execution. Patch 2247 fixes this.

Offline pauliusz

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 08:45:49 pm »
If killerbot or someone else would like to try loading my project I can share it.

I can take a look at this problem. Mail it to me pauliusz(at)yahoo.com

mastro

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 02:42:06 am »
i cant' compile this on Linux

here the error i get: http://pastebin.com/f78ffa07c

my system is Ubuntu Feisty at the moment

this is what i've done:

Code
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk codeblocks-1.0svn4639 --revision 4639
cd codeblocks-1.0svn4639/
for f in $(find .); do dos2unix $f; done;

then fixed changelog version to 6439
and changed int ./debian/control libstdc++6-4.0-dev to libstdc++6-4.1-dev (the 6-4.0 is'nt in the ubuntu repository and i don't think it change a lot)

Code
cat /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 >> aclocal.m4
./bootstrap
sudo /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-satisfydepends # this downloaded all dependences
sudo debuild --linda -us -uc

am i doing something wrong or it's a bug?

Offline denk_mal

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 01:11:40 pm »
Hi

C::B works, but it won't open a project by double click on the project file and it blocks the folder of the project until I close C::B...
If I open the project from within C::B it loads and works fine, just the double click fault...
I can also open projects after I tried to open a project by double click, but the folder of the double clicked project is still blocked until I close C::B...
And after closing C::B I get this "File not found..." error message for the double clicked project...

I got the same problems as Acki. Build 4596 dosn't has this problem (I am still using those build), build 4630 and 4639 wont open the project.
After closing C::B I got the following errormessage:
Code
Bei der Weitergabe des Befehls an die Anwendung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.

Furtermore when I start C::B by opening a project and then minimize c::b it will restore the window immediately and the project is loaded correctly.
No errormessage on closing c::b
Due to my skill with wxWidget it seems to be a pending event.

denk_mal

Offline darthdespotism

• Almost regular
    • Coder's Nemesis
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 04:34:18 pm »
I found some strange thing with this in the ToDo Plugin:

ToDos are not listed and are not found by 'refresh' unless I create a new ToDo in the same file. However removing this new and not needed ToDo from the file again is not reflected in the ToDo list at all. ('refresh' dosn't help here as well)

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 04:55:45 pm »
Same problem of double click than acki, denk_mal,... here (Win XP, Nightly 4639, MingW 4.2.1), sometimes crash at exit, but quite rare. Solution given by denk_mal is good. I have found an other one, but less good : simply open a window as is you want to open a file or a project. Suddenly, the .cbp file you wanted to open by double click opens itself....
An other problem, may be closed to the one related by acki concerning a locked folder.
I have a fortran project and 3 different compilers (g77, g95 with mingw 3.4.5, and now gfortran with mingw 4.2.1). g77 and g95 are in a specific folder, gfortran in the same folder than gcc 4.2.1). I simply want to switch between the different compilers, and see what happens : size of the .exe, execution speed,.... No particular problems with g95 or gfortran. But if I use g77, I can compile and execute, but if now I want to switch and recompile with an other compiler, I obtain an error message because the exe file seems to be locked, so It cannot be replaced by the new compiled one. If I unlock it by an external soft (as Unlocker), I can compile again. This happens with this nightly (4639), but there was not such problem with nightly 4596.

gd_on
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 04:57:19 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline rhf

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 06:46:17 pm »
C::B works, but it won't open a project by double click on the project file and it blocks the folder of the project until I close C::B.
Sounds like the same problem I had for SVN  4596
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,7220.msg55180.html#msg55180

Offline Kazade

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 08:53:25 pm »
With today's and yesterday's updates, the message pane is not showing and hiding smoothly like before. The pane used to appear on compile and disappear if no error was reported. Now it stays either open or closed as if the auto-hide check box was just ignored in the settings.

Same here, auto-hiding the message pane is just being totally ignored now  :?

I'm on Ubuntu Gutsy.

Offline three_minute_hero

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 10:58:26 pm »
This is my first update since 2 weeks, and all of the bugs I reported in the forum (forced rebuild and crash when "New > Project") are now fixed!
Wonderful! C::B dev team rocks ;)