Author Topic: mingw32-g++.exe: installation problem  (Read 14162 times)

AndyCav

mingw32-g++.exe: installation problem
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:07:36 pm »
Hi everyone.  I've recently downloaded Code::Blocks (the version with mingw).  My reason is that I'm trying to start learning OpenGL and was advised that this is easier in something like Code::Blocks.  Hence I first opened a fresh OpenGL project and pasted into the souce file code from this random OpenGL tutorial: http://www.gmonline.demon.co.uk/cscene/CS5/CS5-03.html

Upon building I get the following:

Project   : OpenGL Application
Compiler  : GNU GCC Compiler (called directly)
Directory : C:\Users\Andoo\Documents\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: default
Compiling: main.cpp
mingw32-g++.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Have I failed to install some component (like the compiler!?)?  I'm running Windows Vista if that helps.

Thanks,

Andy

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: mingw32-g++.exe: installation problem
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:28:59 pm »
Which version of codeblocks do you have?
If it's not a latest nightly, download a recent version.
To install MinGW on Vista, there's a HowTo in codeblocks-wiki: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_MinGW_with_Vista .

AndyCav

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:01:38 am »
Hi jens.  Sorry I've taken ages to reply - I'm trying to get this stuff running when I've got time.

Looking in the Help tab it says I have v1.0.  That doesn't sound too good does it!

Here's what I just tried: I looked at the wiki above, but I cannot find the said tab (I guess that's because I've got an old Code::Blocks.)  Upon compiling it fails and so I've been adding similar sounding paths to "Additional Paths" bit under "Programs" in "Compiler" with no success.  Getting errors like

"No include path in which to search for stddef.h"

I think I'll try to find the latest Code::Blocks then...

TC

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:23:48 am »
I also have a similar error although mine says...
mingw32-gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings
i believe the only differences is that im coding .c but other than that i think its the same deal, btw im also using vista.

AndyCav

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 07:16:45 pm »
Hey TC, I'm glad it's not just me!  I just want to find anything that'll allow me to produce some form of basic graphics (coloured pixels will do!) with C, hence my desire to learn OpenGL. 

I first tried installing GLUT and using PellesC but that didn't work because it found redefinitions of some kind in the glut.h file.  I tried to sort this out on the PellesC forum but for some reason have never been able to get back into it since joining!  I'm also trying Code::Blocks and Dev-C++ but each is coming up with a similar sounding problem to do with not being able to even find files.   I wonder if it's all down to Vista being Vista?  Whatever it is it's like coming home and banging my head against a virtual brick wall every night.  All I want to do it get C to produce moving coloured dots - I'd be happy with that for now!

AndyCav

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 07:22:13 pm »
jens, this nightly build business, it all looks a little complicated.  Is there a single executable available that just installs the latest version of C::B.  Although mine says it is version 1.0 I downloaded it from here: http://codeblocks.org/downloads.php where it says it is version 1.0rc2.  I've no idea if that's a truely different version...?

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:29:14 pm »
Install mingw gcc-4.2.2. Only latest "unofficial" version of gcc works in Vista. Would be grate to have an installation of latest C::B with gcc 4.2.2 and wx, compiled with gcc 4.2.2.
gcc+winXP+suse.