Author Topic: Codeblocks as IDE for school  (Read 17324 times)

Offline rgo

• Single posting newcomer
Codeblocks as IDE for school
« on: November 12, 2007, 03:46:46 pm »
Hello. I'm teach children to program C and Pascal. And looking for an freesoftware IDE for pupils, i was found Codeblock. It's great, but...

1. Is codeblocks able to debug without creating a project? Only a last courses pupils use several-files program, others are creating only 1-file projects. Creating project, complex directory tree for one .c file looking not good. And i'm searching for simplest way to add to codeblock feature to work with one .c file as with a project. Should I go deep to codeblocks scripting, or it would be easier to modify some sources?

2. As I watching, codeblocks build system does not use i18n? I can to translate all codeblock into russian, and if problem #1 will be solved, i do it, but... should I modify Makefiles or this modifications are already done but i'm not see it?

ps. excuse me for my English, but there are no much practice.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Codeblocks as IDE for school
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:02:46 pm »
Hello. I'm teach children to program C and Pascal. And looking for an freesoftware IDE for pupils, i was found Codeblock. It's great, but...

1. Is codeblocks able to debug without creating a project? Only a last courses pupils use several-files program, others are creating only 1-file projects. Creating project, complex directory tree for one .c file looking not good. And i'm searching for simplest way to add to codeblock feature to work with one .c file as with a project. Should I go deep to codeblocks scripting, or it would be easier to modify some sources?

Unfortunately this is not supported (yet).

2. As I watching, codeblocks build system does not use i18n? I can to translate all codeblock into russian, and if problem #1 will be solved, i do it, but... should I modify Makefiles or this modifications are already done but i'm not see it?

Code::Blocks uses Launchpad for its translations. But this is not yet integrated in the build process.
An outdated but nevertheless helpful article to read: Internationalization
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline kisoft

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:40:36 am »

Hi!
EMail me your questions (in russian).
May be I can help you. I being used C::B a long time.

Good luck!
wxWidgets: 2.8.12
CodeBlocks: Master github cbMakefileGen plugin:
https://github.com/kisoft/cbmakefilegen

Offline rgo

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:26:03 am »
Hi.
I cant find you email. In you profile its hidden. You help came too late, i'm no more a teacher. =)
But if you want to know what exactly I wished from "school IDE", mail me: rgo на interzet точка ру.

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:20 am »
I think you can debug one file by Tools-plug-in (if you can configure tools with compiler and debugger)
Regards,
xunxun

Offline mahaju

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:49 am »
I think you can debug one file by Tools-plug-in (if you can configure tools with compiler and debugger)

Hi where can I find this plugin and how do I use it?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »
The plugin is available in the latest nighlies, but won't solve your problem.
Debugging using the C::B GUI is supported only if you have a project.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]