Author Topic: Codeblocks on CoLinux! (Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary)  (Read 8417 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Codeblocks on CoLinux! (Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary)
« on: August 14, 2005, 10:41:49 am »
Hey guys! I finally did it! Altho I couldn't start the darn Gnome desktop, I managed to configure my Ubuntu 5.04 partition to be used by coLinux.

Using XMing (commandline: xming -ac -clipboard -multiwindow" ) and the instructions specified in the CoLinux wiki, I managed to run Windows Codeblocks and Linux Codeblocks at the same time! :D

Look!

[attachment deleted by admin]

grv575

Re: Codeblocks on CoLinux! (Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 07:35:38 am »
Did you use the supplied co-linux kernel or a ubuntu one?  I can't figure out how to use an LFS vmlinux.   Compiles OK but vmlinux is 6MB whereas the supplied one is 2.5MB.   Not sure if that makes a difference or whether they're using a custom patched kernel to setup things like the cobd devices etc.  Would be nice if this worked with custom kernels and not just the one they supply.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 09:24:21 am »
I installed a dual-boot, and then converted the Linux according to the coLinux wiki, in the section "Converting Distributions".

It's just a matter of adding some devices, editing the gdm.conf and installing XMing on your MS-Windows. Oh yeah. The adding of the hard disks can be VERY tricky if you've partitioned your drive more than once. My Linux partition, even if it's just the 3rd, gets stored in the partition table as the partition #28 :shock:. Took me a while to find it by trial and error :-P

grv575

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 11:13:12 am »
dmdiag.exe from MS.

grv575

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 12:11:35 pm »
cool, xming is a little bit tricky to get setup (editing xdm config files) but works nice.  got kde under windows now :)

grv575

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 08:42:04 am »
Looks like you have multiwindows mode working with Xming.  What do I have to do with the export DISPLAY=ip:0.0 stuff and ports, etc to get this running?  Keep getting either MIT magic cookie errors or connection refused by server or invalid protocol specified.

edit: nm...found it.
set DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
set LOCAL_HOST=192.168.1.3
start C:\Progra~1\Xming\Xming.exe -nodecoration -lesspointer -from %LOCAL_HOST% -clipboard -multiwindow -ac
then export DISPLAY=192.168.1.3:0.0
and test with, e.g. ddd
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 09:09:55 am by grv575 »

Offline frog-o

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 05:42:19 pm »
congratulation rickg22 :D.  I love to see that someone using colinux beside me.  I Had colinux running codeblock for a while now with the (1.0 beta version of codeblock) I think, with gentoo Linux.   I what to try and compile the newer version but I have not felt like play with codeblock source ever since i got really disappointed in the fact mandrave did not like what i was trying to do with codeblock and xrc thing.   I figure i probably be better of as a user instead of a programmer.

Good luck and keep up the good work :D

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 05:44:27 pm »
Thanks! Anyway i guess that by now the latest sources of CVS are available. I fixed a nasty crash on exit so you better download it :) (VERSION_1_0 )