Author Topic: code completion tool bar bug  (Read 6825 times)

Offline jarro_2783

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Project Freedom
code completion tool bar bug
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:15:09 am »
When I have more than one file open, and I close one which isn't the active one using the mouse button middle click, all the functions are removed from the code completion drop down box. I can reproduce this 100% of the time.

The function names come back when I switch to another source file and back again.

I'm using svn revision 4580, wx 2.8.4 with fedora 7.

Offline pauliusz

Offline jarro_2783

• Project Freedom
Re: code completion tool bar bug
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:57:45 am »
awesomeness.

I love the fact that bugs are fixed so quickly. You wouldn't see that with proprietary software.

edit: I updated and it's not fixed. Just to make sure I've got the right version, it's 4596.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:35:58 am by jarro_2783 »

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 05:24:33 am »

Offline pauliusz

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 08:47:38 am »
edit: I updated and it's not fixed. Just to make sure I've got the right version, it's 4596.

It will be fixed in next nightlies.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:37:58 am »
I never use that feature, and have it turned off at all times too... but... after reading this post and looking at both original and patched code, I am confused as to what is the purpose and the correct (expected) behaviour of that list?

Before, it was clearing the list every time some editor (no matter which) was closed. Now it clears the list when the last open editor is closed. If any editor (even if containing a file that belongs to a different project or no project at all) is open, it is not cleared.

Before the patch, it would clear the list at inappropriate times, which is not good. After the patch it (almost) never clears that list. That is somewhat better than having an empty list 80% of the time, but it is what is wanted? I imagine people want to see exactly the functions which are in the files they have open, not any other files. Is that correct?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 11:24:44 am »
the toolbar should show the methods of the *active* editor. When you switch to another editor ==> it updates. When you save the active editor ==> it updates : methods can have been added or removed or have grown or shrinked.

Offline jarro_2783

• Project Freedom
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 01:25:02 pm »
It looks fine to me. It's showing the functions in the active file all the time as far as I can tell.