Author Topic: openSUSE 10.3: always "rebuild all"  (Read 3025 times)

Offline ASJ

• Multiple posting newcomer
openSUSE 10.3: always "rebuild all"
« on: October 26, 2007, 12:18:22 pm »
using any of the available rpms for openSUSE 10.3 it seems that CB does not just "Build" a project anymore (tested rev 4546 and 4530 which show the same behavior). Instead of this all files including the precompiled header are recompiled both when the "Build" or "Rebuild" options are selected.
At first I thought this "Rebuild" was also happening when debugging was started. I found out however that this was caused by the "Auto-build project to ensure up-to-date" option under "Debugger options". This option is relatively new I think and it turned out to be checked in my case. Now I am wondering whether there is a comparable "new" options that might be causing my build problems. I searched the options but could not find such an option. Did I maybe oversee something? Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated! :D

Another thing I noticed (which might be connected to this problem) is that I get a lot of message windows saying that "The layout of "Code::Blocks default" has changed" and asking whether I want to save it. This especially struck me because I only have "Debug" and "Release" build targets in my project and no "Default" at all. Is this maybe already an indication what is going wrong?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 06:11:25 pm by ASJ »

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
Re: openSUSE 10.3: always "rebuild all"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 03:50:08 pm »
I have 100% the same problem in SUSE 10.3. It rebuilds all. It is ok on few CPUs and after big cleaning of my project but it still takes lot of time. :shock:
gcc+winXP+suse.