Author Topic: wxSmith deletes initialisation of dialog objects  (Read 2860 times)

Offline geronet

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxSmith deletes initialisation of dialog objects
« on: October 22, 2007, 07:30:58 pm »
Hello out there,
got a little problem with the newest CodeBlocks, i update it often to the latest nightly but with svn version 4540 and 4545 wxSmith deletes the code at the initialize-section:
Code
	// Constructor of Dialog
//(*Initialize(Boilerdlg)
wxXmlResource::Get()->LoadObject(this,parent,_T("Boilerdlg"),_T("wxDialog"));
Solltemperatur = (wxTextCtrl*)FindWindow(XRCID("ID_TEXTCTRL1"));
Connect(XRCID("ID_TEXTCTRL1"),wxEVT_COMMAND_TEXT_UPDATED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&Boilerdlg::OnText);
Connect(XRCID("ID_TEXTCTRL1"),wxEVT_COMMAND_TEXT_ENTER,(wxObjectEventFunction)&Boilerdlg::OnTextEnter);
//*)

These lines were made from previos versions of wxSmith, but if i open the dialog in the resource editor the line with "Solltemperatur" and "FindWindow" dissapears and the object is not initialised, resulting to an access violation on runtime if i want to read or write the textcontrol. Even if i create a new control the line with "FindWindow" doesn't show up.

In the header file the object is always there, no matter if "Is member" is checked or not.
Code
		// Class deklaration of Dialog
//(*Declarations(Boilerdlg)
wxTextCtrl* Solltemperatur;
//*)

I hope someone can help, Codeblocks is really the best IDE i've ever seen, i have mostly multiple projects opened up (great!) but could not find any solution with the samples or with the search function.
PS: wxWidgets 2.8.6
WinXP
Greetings, Stefan

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxSmith deletes initialisation of dialog objects
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 09:41:24 pm »
Ok, it looks like some wxSmith bug. I'll see what could be wrong, probably it's some small bug so hopefully it will be fixed today.

Thanks for the feedback.

BYO