Author Topic: Where to find "gdb.exe" ?  (Read 60121 times)

hsazerty

Where to find "gdb.exe" ?
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:11:07 pm »
Hello everybody,

I am trying to configure "CodeBlocks nightly build" to use minGW and GDB 1.7. I downloaded all the necessary files :

1- CodeBlocks nightly build.
2- minGW.
3- GDB 1.7.
etc...

but i dont find "gdb.exe" ?

Where is the problem ? where can i find this file ?

Thank you !

infausto

Re: Where to find "gdb.exe" ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:37:19 am »
mmmmmm,

first: GDB 1.7!'!'!?!
download the 6.6 versiĆ³n: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=20507

second: extract the whole structure of directories inside the downloaded file into the MinGW intallation directory (root of mingw installation, not inside the bin or other one).

third: run de debugger once again.

i hope these solve your problem.

cheers!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:40:08 am by infausto »

hsazerty

I always don't find gdb.exe ?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:38:04 pm »
hello,

thank's for your answer infausto, but how to run the debugger if there is no gdb.exe ?

Actually, i downloaded the version "GDB 6.7", i extracted it in the root directory of minGW, but THERE IS NO GDB.EXE ???

Thank's for your help !

infausto

Re: Where to find "gdb.exe" ?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 08:10:40 pm »
that is very strange. I download gdb-6.6.tar.bz2 from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=20507. When i look inside them, i found the gdb-6.6.tar. INSIDE of that file, i found a lot of directories. Inside of bin directory, i found 2 files. GDB.EXE and GDBSERVER.EXE.

look again what file your download and you'll find the file.

cheers.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: I always don't find gdb.exe ?
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 08:14:49 pm »
Actually, i downloaded the version "GDB 6.7", i extracted it in the root directory of minGW, but THERE IS NO GDB.EXE ???

From where did you get GDB-6.7?? It's not available in that link. AFAIK, GDB-6.6 is available for download.

thank's for your answer infausto, but how to run the debugger if there is no gdb.exe ?

Did you ever try to locate the file you are looking for?? If not, Click Start > Search and you'll be able to locate it.

Also make sure that you've downloaded the binary package, not the source package.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

hsazerty

I finaly found "gdb.exe" ! :))
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 08:35:36 pm »
Thank you infausto for your quick reply !

I found "gdb.exe" in the file you showed me !

what i find strange, is that the file is only 1.8 Mbytes size ? the one i downloaded is "gdb-6.7.tar" from http://sourceware.org/gdb/download/ is 19.1 Mbytes and doesn't contain exe files ? I think that's the source code of the new version of the debugger and it must be compiled first.

Nevertheless, thank's again !