Author Topic: All Ubuntu nightly builds are offline, please HELP  (Read 5417 times)

Offline cronholio

• Single posting newcomer
All Ubuntu nightly builds are offline, please HELP
« on: October 12, 2007, 09:59:59 am »
I need to reinstall C::B and all the recent nightly builds for Ubuntu seem to be offline. I checked back until a month ago or so. Please do something about it. It's bad enough that there's only a nightly for Linux every few days but now I can't install it at all. I'm a freelance developer and I have to work with C::B daily, so basically this means I can't work at all right now.

Offline cronholio

Re: All Ubuntu nightly builds are offline, please HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:43:38 am »
Never mind, the download for 31 August works. But still it's odd that most of the other downloads are missing.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:46:23 am »
Try the following link for more regular updates. Pasgui prepares and publishes Ubuntu nightlies in that link.

http://lgp203.free.fr/spip/spip.php?article1
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline cronholio

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:45:25 pm »
Thanks, I didn't know about that! :D

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 04:55:27 am »
... so basically this means I can't work at all right now.

You make software right? Stands to reason you know how to compile it.  If the stuff really hits the fan you can take a few minutes to run "./bootstrap", "./configure", "make" and "sudo make install".  If you have never done this before it will probably take you several hours to sort out.  But if you already have wxgtk dev package and automake+autoconf it really is a simple as those 4 commands.