Author Topic: SVNInside : development of another SVN plugin for CodeBlocks  (Read 185570 times)

Offline orel

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: SVNInside : development of another SVN plugin for CodeBlocks
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2008, 01:42:19 am »
Code::Blocks is crashing when i go in 'Manage Plugins' dialog, then i choose to uninstall my plugin, svninside
The svninside notebook page is removed from CB management notebook, the plugin is removing its log window, all of that without any problem. I then close the Manage plugins tab.

After that, i do nothing more than closing CB and i experiment a crash. CB does'nt crash if i don't uninstall my plugin or if i just disable it, the crash happens only after SVNInside uninstallation.

What am i doing wrong? any ideas

the plugin is in its 58th revision when this is hapening, while CB is in its 4807th rev
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5
svn Code::Blocks and M$ Visual Studio 2005 and .NET to eat!! SVNInside plugin :http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,7063.0.html

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2008, 02:31:06 am »
I will try to see if I can duplicate the problem when using an debug build of wxWidgets.
I just duplicated it with an release build of wxWidgets.

Note: The error message implied it was an MinGW Compiler error to me.

Edit: Decided to try it with MinGW GCC 3.4.5 before doing an debug build of wxWidgets.

Crashed with wxWidgets and Code::Blocks complied with MinGW GCC 3.4.5, too.

Now, trying wxWidgets debug complied with MinGW GCC 3.4.5.

Take a while to compile it all.

Tim S
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:34:13 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2008, 03:14:14 am »
That problem happened to me also on windows only

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2008, 07:21:46 am »
Can someone out there see if on windows; if you get the about the same issue un-installing wxSmith MIME plugin.

I also had if Crash un-installing Code Snippets and To Do List plugins.

Note, the crash of Code Snippets and To Do List plugins look to be more like the SVN Plugin crash.

Both mention PluginManager::Configure

The message running under debug implies issues loading an library; the message imply it was already loaded.
I am guess it might be the wxPropertyGrid library.

Tim S

Part of Code-Snippet Crash report.

Code
Call stack:
6CD6E304  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD6E304  _ZN9wxAppBase14SendIdleEventsEP8wxWindowR11wxIdleEvent
6CD6E342  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD6E342  _ZN9wxAppBase14SendIdleEventsEP8wxWindowR11wxIdleEvent
6CD6E4A8  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD6E4A8  _ZN9wxAppBase11ProcessIdleEv
6CD90AD1  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD90AD1  _ZN17wxEventLoopManual3RunEv
6CD33CC7  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD33CC7  _ZN8wxDialog9ShowModalEv
618628B7  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\codeblocks.dll:618628B7  _ZN13PluginManager9ConfigureEv
00422DA9  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\codeblocks.exe:00422DA9
6CCCA4AE  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CCCA4AE  _ZN12wxEvtHandler21ProcessEventIfMatchesERK21wxEventTableEntryBasePS_R7wxEvent
6CCCBA89  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CCCBA89  _ZN16wxEventHashTable11HandleEventER7wxEventP12wxEvtHandler
6CCCBFBF  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CCCBFBF  _ZN12wxEvtHandler12ProcessEventER7wxEvent
6CCCBF61  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CCCBF61  _ZN12wxEvtHandler12ProcessEventER7wxEvent

Part of To Do

Code
Call stack:
6CDE18E4  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CDE18E4  _ZN12wxWindowBase14UpdateWindowUIEl
6CD14C72  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD14C72  _ZN8wxWindow14OnInternalIdleEv
6CD6E30A  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD6E30A  _ZN9wxAppBase14SendIdleEventsEP8wxWindowR11wxIdleEvent
6CD6E342  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD6E342  _ZN9wxAppBase14SendIdleEventsEP8wxWindowR11wxIdleEvent
6CD6E4A8  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD6E4A8  _ZN9wxAppBase11ProcessIdleEv
6CD90AD1  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD90AD1  _ZN17wxEventLoopManual3RunEv
6CD33CC7  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD33CC7  _ZN8wxDialog9ShowModalEv
618628B7  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\codeblocks.dll:618628B7  _ZN13PluginManager9ConfigureEv
00422DA9  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\codeblocks.exe:00422DA9
6CCCA4AE  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CCCA4AE  _ZN12wxEvtHandler21ProcessEventIfMatchesERK21wxEventTableEntryBasePS_R7wxEvent
6CCCBA89  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CCCBA89  _ZN16wxEventHashTable11HandleEventER7wxEventP12wxEvtHandler
6CCCBFBF  F:\SourceCode\Projects\IDEs\CodeBlocks\codeblocks\src\nightly\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CCCBFBF  _ZN12wxEvtHandler12ProcessEventER7wxEvent
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:42:43 am by stahta01 »
--

Offline orel

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2008, 10:54:40 pm »
Those plugins are crashing CB just after having clicked on Uninstall in Manage plugins dialog :
  • wxSmith - MIME plugin
  • wxSmith

These plugin is crashing CB just after having clicked on Uninstall (unhandled exception thrwn message)
  • ToDo list

No problem with :

• Class wizard
  • Code completion
  • Autosave
  • File extensions handler
  • Foreign projects importer
  • Source code formatter
  • Scripted wizard
  • Open files list
  • Windows XP look'n'feel
  • Debugger

I tried removing all code using wxPropertyGrid in svnInside -> same problem occurs (uninstallation works but CB crash on closing app)
I also tried removing SVNInside logger creation and deletion --> same problem
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5
svn Code::Blocks and M$ Visual Studio 2005 and .NET to eat!! SVNInside plugin :http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,7063.0.html

Offline orel

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2008, 10:37:30 pm »
When can we expect your new code? I'm very interested in this plugin ;)

Trying to figure out why the plugin won't load for me I compared it to the Plugins provided with Codeblocks and noticed that these all provide an .la but SVNInside doesn't. So I tried to produce one for it but couldn't make it work up to now. Is this an necessary step for Gnu/Linux? Can anyone provide me help in how to produce one?

Hi darthdespotism and thank you for your interest in SVNInside, have you check the repo recently, the new code you were expecting is here and SVNInside begins to be fully working. For the moment you can't do too special things but it's useful for everyday use of svn like :

• commit/update
  • checking differences / creating patches
  • viewing the status of your files
  • locking/unlocking

But, as i don't develop it on linux, i am sorry i can't help you with your question, as i know some users have tried it on linux and it is working. A silly question from myself : are you trying to use with a downloaded nightly or from a 'built yourself from the sources' CB?

Because the only for the moment to use it is from a own built CB.
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2008, 12:27:29 am »
Because the only for the moment to use it is from a own built CB.

I don't know if I'm wrong (i do it), but you can also link against the nightly libcodeblocks.dll and the wxwidgets*dll that uses the nightly just by linking directly to the dll.  :) May be I should write an article about this on the wiki.

Offline orel

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2008, 01:05:55 am »
I don't know if I'm wrong (i do it), but you can also link against the nightly libcodeblocks.dll and the wxwidgets*dll that uses the nightly just by linking directly to the dll.  :) May be I should write an article about this on the wiki.

I was not aware of that way to link a plugin with Code::Blocks, and i really would have know it before : when i spent hours trying to understand why the plugin i was building was not loaded by CB nightly, saying that symbols were missing in the plugin dynamic library.

I will try that as soon as possible and come back here. Because if you are true, it will be really easier for users to test/use my plugin (and other ones), not being obliged to compile CB before...

Thank you for that very useful hint, at least for me!! :D

Best regards,
orl
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2008, 02:30:01 am »
I was not aware of that way to link.

You're not alone that happened to me also  :), for that reason i wrote a quick howto, really incomplete, but for programmers it should be enough to understand the concept, but I will update it later, here it is:

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Linking_the_plugin_to_a_Nightly_Build
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 02:36:02 am by JGM »

Offline orel

« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2008, 05:17:53 pm »
You're not alone that happened to me also  :), for that reason i wrote a quick howto, really incomplete, but for programmers it should be enough to understand the concept, but I will update it later, here it is:

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Linking_the_plugin_to_a_Nightly_Build

Really cool!! this gonna be helpful !!
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5

Offline Wavesonics

« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2008, 08:55:22 pm »
Orel, what state is your plug-in in? Is it functional?

Offline orel

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2008, 09:57:56 pm »
Orel, what state is your plug-in in? Is it functional?
Wavesonics, if you mean by 'functional' that you can use it to manage your working copy from inside CB, i would say yes. But as i said it, it's for the moment intended for 'everyday use', i  mean not for creating a repo, or cheking out a working copy. It will be in the future.

But if you use it, try to give me the maximum feedback about what you think is OK, what is not and the bugs you may have, in rder to me t improve it.

Note also that i have added a new tab in CB settings/environment dialog to modify some options. Today those settings doesn't do nothing, so svn executable must in your PATH in order for SVNInside to run svn.
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2008, 02:25:34 am »
Patch needed under Windows XP when not using Pre-Compiled Headers (PCH)

Tim S

Code
Index: src/dialogs/svniTreeCtrl.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/dialogs/svniTreeCtrl.cpp (revision 59)
+++ src/dialogs/svniTreeCtrl.cpp (working copy)
@@ -13,6 +13,8 @@
     #include <configmanager.h>
     #include <cbeditor.h>
     #include <cbproject.h>
+    #include <cbworkspace.h>
+    #include <projectmanager.h>
 #endif
 #include <wx/menu.h>            // for "class wxMenu"
 #include <wx/imaglist.h>        // for "class wxImageList"
Index: src/svniPlugin.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/svniPlugin.cpp (revision 59)
+++ src/svniPlugin.cpp (working copy)
@@ -10,8 +10,11 @@

#include <sdk.h> // Code::Blocks SDK
 #ifndef CB_PRECOMP
+    #include <wx/dir.h>
+
     #include <projectmanager.h>
     #include <cbproject.h>
+    #include <configmanager.h>
 #endif

#include <wx/wxFlatNotebook/wxFlatNotebook.h>
--

Offline Wavesonics

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2008, 02:34:00 am »
Sounds great, when I get a chance I'll compile it and start using it and let you know how it goes :)

Offline orel

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2008, 03:19:36 am »
Sounds great, when I get a chance I'll compile it and start using it and let you know how it goes :)

As soon as you wish, you can get the latest source from a svn repository here : http://tools.assembla.com/svn/SVNInside
Maybe you missed it because it was on the 1st page of this topic

Note that the cb project file runs a post_build_step.bat after linking the plugin in order to pack the necessary for CB to run it. If you want SVNInside to compile and work 'out of the box' the best is to checkout the repository into a directory called 'svninside' alongside the other plugins in CB directory structure (not the contribs one), that way :

YOUR_CB_DIR/src/plugins/svninside

If you test it on windows, the post_build_step.bat file is uptodate.

For linux users, you'll have to update 'post_build_step' a little, and maybe also the project file svninside_linux.cb
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5