Author Topic: The 27 September 2007 build will NOT be out.  (Read 11713 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 27 September 2007 build will NOT be out.
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:33:43 pm »
no commits

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
Re: The 27 September 2007 build will NOT be out.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:30 pm »
Time to make a realize. C::B is not popular enough due to the problems with realizes.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline Blue-Tiger

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 02:00:49 pm »
I assume you meant to say "release", in which case I'd almost agree. Except that C::B _IS_ quite popular, but it definitely would help beginners to have a "Compiler + IDE"-package they could grab and start coding. The whole "download a nightly, the DLL and install mingw etc." thing is a bit tedious... but of course this is not the place to discuss these issues, so sorry for being off-topic ;)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 02:05:52 pm by Blue-Tiger »

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 03:47:48 pm »
Time to make a realize. C::B is not popular enough due to the problems with realizes.
At least it is time for next RC. I found in programmers` forums that a lot of peoples, most likely students, are very interested in "compact, free C/C++ compiler with IDE".

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 05:54:45 pm »
At least it is time for next RC.

Except that calling it that would be lieing.  RC means Release Candidate, which means that in the devs honest opinion "this exact release" might become the v1.0 without any further changes.  Its been very well stated that the devs have further plans and redesign issues they want to accomplish before they are comfortable calling a given revision 1.0.  So lets allow them to work at their pace and call something a  v1.0 (or an RC for it) when they are ready and comfortable doing so.

Now on the other hand if  r4500 just happens to be a really stable revision, it might be worth having someone go ahead and make a package.  But please dont call it RC3 unless it really -is- an RC.

Offline nenin

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 06:46:45 pm »

Except that calling it that would be lieing.  RC means Release Candidate, which means that <***>
Now this peoples downloads currently available RC2 - 1.0rc2 (dated Oct 25, 2005) It is just fine, is not it?  :mrgreen:

slasher-fun

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 11:15:47 pm »
It seems I missed something : why are the linux releases no more "officially" published since nightly 4439 ?  :?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 11:56:22 pm »
It seems I missed something : why are the linux releases no more "officially" published since nightly 4439 ?  :?

I have no idea, but one of the people who makes the Linux builds said he was busy and will be missing some builds. This might be the cause.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline ivucica

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 09:44:03 pm »

Except that calling it that would be lieing.  RC means Release Candidate, which means that in the devs honest opinion "this exact release" might become the v1.0 without any further changes.  Its been very well stated that the devs have further plans and redesign issues they want to accomplish before they are comfortable calling a given revision 1.0.  So lets allow them to work at their pace and call something a  v1.0 (or an RC for it) when they are ready and comfortable doing so.

Now on the other hand if  r4500 just happens to be a really stable revision, it might be worth having someone go ahead and make a package.  But please dont call it RC3 unless it really -is- an RC.
In such case it would be good to release more properly packaged "alpha" versions.