Author Topic: Move to another computer with my own highlight colors and keyboard shortcuts  (Read 3807 times)

tarlou

I want to copy codeblocks to another computer,but it's too boring to modify the many highlight colors and shortcuts to the way i used to by hand.I think they are saved in the register but i can't find them.where is it?Thanks a lot.

tarlou

er it's winxp sp2

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
The settings are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application data\codeblocks\

Just copy those files to the other computer in the equivalent path and it'll do the trick.

tarlou

Thanks!

Offline XayC

• Multiple posting newcomer
Just copy those files to the other computer in the equivalent path and it'll do the trick.

Does it work also when moving from another platform (MS Windows to Linux)? Because I recently moved my color settings from windows to linux, but to be safe I had to copy only those parts in the settings file I thought were related to the color settings.
Also isn't there some kind of settings-exporter plugin?

Thanks, XayC.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
You may want to check cb_share_config; though, I've never used it myself.

I've never tried to use the config files from one platform in another, but I don't think they would differ that much. What would surely cause you problems are those settings that use paths. You're free to try and tell us the results :)