Author Topic: File associations not 'sticking'  (Read 5806 times)

Offline AngleWyrm

• Multiple posting newcomer
File associations not 'sticking'
« on: September 29, 2007, 10:58:12 am »
Hi,
Last week I re-installed XPsp2, re-installed MinGW, and downloaded rev 4491 gcc 3.4.5 Windows/unicode version of Code::Blocks. It's up and running fine -- I have compiled a few console apps with it so far.

But each time I start Code::Blocks, it incorrectly prompts me about "Not the default" for file associations. Code::Blocks does launch when I double-click a *.h or *.cpp file. However it doesn't seem to think it will?

Under "settings->Environment" the manage button shows a list that is always un-checked. If I push the "Set Now" button, and then go to manage, they are still unchecked. If I push the "Set Now" button then exit, C::B still prompts me about file associations. I have had to disable the "check & set associations" checkbox to avoid this.

Again, source code does open in C::B when double-clicked from explorer, and shows pretty icons. The manage window and the check/set function seem to forget.

Offline kkez

• Almost regular
    • WinapiZone
Re: File associations not 'sticking'
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:47:38 am »
Try to remove the association first, then re-set it.

tarlou

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:10:32 pm »
Ah,I have the same problem too.It was ok with a earlier edition(i can't remember which one).I updated codeblocks last night and this problem occurred.Why is that?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 06:57:44 pm »
There was a small change made in the file association code in revision 4483. It could be possibly due to that. But I made some tests before committing it. It works fine on my PC.

I'm really not sure why it is behaving such a weird manner in your PC ??!! :?
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 07:46:21 pm »
Happens for me as well (r4486).
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 08:24:06 pm »
Ah! Found it. I forgot to update the detection code. Thanks for pointing this bug. :)

Fixed in revision 4502.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.