Author Topic: A little help please  (Read 5894 times)

splodger15

A little help please
« on: September 27, 2007, 08:30:23 pm »
Hello,

I am currently studying C and I was wondering how can I change the icon on a exe as I hate having the orginal one.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Offline XayC

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: A little help please
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:54:49 pm »
Hi, this is not a general programming board nor a window programming board, you should ask in an appropriate forum.

Assuming you are working on windows (since you talk about exe), it can be done adding the icon.ico in the executable resources, it should work both for graphical and console applications. To be clear, here I'm talking about the icon you see when you look at your executable file, not the little icon in the corner of the window, when you run it.

Regards, XayC

splodger15

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 10:23:06 pm »
Please be a bit more specific in fixing this issue

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 10:28:25 pm »
Please be a bit more specific in fixing this issue
No; as XayC mentioned, this is not a general programming board, so questions that aren't Code::Blocks related are discouraged. I recommend trying the forums at GameDev.net, personally.

Cheers,
John E. / TDM
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Maciek

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 11:10:28 pm »
I've asked the same question before in  this thread.

splodger15

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 11:27:24 pm »
Isn't there just a step by step walkthrough on this surely quite a few people must ask about this.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 12:06:21 am »
Yes there are dozens, but this forum is not about Windows / general programming.

You may want to read theForger's Win32 tutorial.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

skfd

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 04:14:20 pm »
Decided to post here because i don't now how to name this problem.

I'm running nightly build dated 7.10 on Gutsy. When i run program from inside of C::B the xterm window opened with "Press ENTER to continue." message. Build log told me this:
Code
Checking for existence: /home/skfd/Desktop/C++/1
Executing: xterm -T '/home/skfd/Desktop/C++/1' -e /usr/bin/cb_console_runner "/home/skfd/Desktop/C++/1" (in /home/skfd/Desktop/C++)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 4 seconds)

Please, help me to figure out how should i run my program properly.

Offline XayC

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 06:32:30 pm »
I guess you are asking how to remove the "Press ENTER to continue" feature, in this case: it's a project specific option (available for programs that quit immediately after running and where you don't have time to see the results in the console window).
You can enable-disable it from: open the project, menu Project->Properties, build target panel, "pause when execution ends" (it can be target specific and it's available when the project is a console application).

Regards, XayC