Author Topic: VC++ shortcut  (Read 6525 times)

Orlando

VC++ shortcut
« on: August 08, 2005, 11:55:01 pm »
I need VC++ shortcuts, e.g. F7 to compile. I say 'need' because I'm an old dog who cannot learn new shortcuts any more. IMO, C::B should define differnet keyboard styles like JBuilder (Borland-style, MS-style, ...) and offer the possibility to reconfigure key associations individually. But maybe these features are already hidden somwhere behind a menue cascade?  :?

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: VC++ shortcut
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 12:04:04 am »
no its "hard-coded" at the moment, but there already exists a feature-request fot that.
i feel like you - i second your suggestion

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:04:47 am »
configurable shortcuts are already on the long list of feature requests. But here's a hack, if you're willing to edit zipped XML files:

Under codeblocks directory, there's the share/codeblocks subdirectory. There are two files: compiler_gcc.zip and debugger_gdb.zip.

WARNING! It is VERY IMPORTANT that you backup these files first! Otherwise you can make codeblocks crash.

You'll see compiler_menu.xrc and debugger_menu.xrc.

Edit them with an xml editor (codeblocks can edit xml files, btw), and change the shortcuts.
After you're done, zip the files into their corresponding zips, and restart codeblocks.

If everything goes well, you'll be able to use your old shortcuts! :)

Orlando

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:22:32 pm »
configurable shortcuts are already on the long list of feature requests. But here's a hack, if you're willing to edit zipped XML files:
Under codeblocks directory, there's the share/codeblocks subdirectory. There are two files: compiler_gcc.zip and debugger_gdb.zip.
You'll see compiler_menu.xrc and debugger_menu.xrc.
Edit them with an xml editor (codeblocks can edit xml files, btw), and change the shortcuts.
After you're done, zip the files into their corresponding zips, and restart codeblocks.

Thank you very much!
I suggest that C::B should be configurable by text files (INI-, properties-, config-files). This spares a lot of dialogs and is more intuitive to the programmer (and C::B is meant for programmers, not Word users  :lol: ). Probably C::B should include some kind of 'INI'-editor that allows 'guided' modification of (default) parameters and a 'check-before-save' facility which does some basic syntactic and plausibility examination.

O.