Author Topic: stdout console  (Read 4473 times)

pompe

stdout console
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:37:15 am »
Hi

Menuitem "Build and run" displays a console with stdout from my program, how can I show this console when debugging (menuitem Debug / Start).
//PG

Offline XayC

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: stdout console
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 10:13:44 am »
I'm not sure what do you mean with "console". Assuming you are using MS Windows and a Nightly Build, there could be two consoles: the standard application console and the console runner.

If you enable the console for your current project target, then the console should show both when running the program and when debugging it. You can enable the console, if it's not already, Project->Properties->Build Targets->Select your target, and on the right select Console Application in the type combo box.

The console runner is a Code::Blocks utility that allows you to see the output of your console program even if it terminates instantly (so that otherwise you would not be able to read the console). I'm not sure if the Console Runner should work even when debugging, but you can simply put a breakpoint at the end of your program and see the console output when the debugger stops at the breakpoint.

I hope I answered your question.
Regards, XayC