Author Topic: The 02 September 2007 build (4421) is out.  (Read 36929 times)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: The 02 September 2007 build (4421) is out.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »
if all the tools are manually removed from default.conf
What makes you think you are supposed to edit that file?

interesting question. makes me wonder why xml is used at all if the files aren't robust to hand editing.

Offline Morphius Faydal

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 08:46:43 pm »

interesting question. makes me wonder why xml is used at all if the files aren't robust to hand editing.

Because it's easy for the program to parse.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 11:57:47 pm »
Makes me wonder why people seem to have a compulsory need to edit any file that contains xml. If it was a binary file, would you be urged to fire up the hex editor in the same way?
This has nothing to do with the question whether or not the config files are robust. I have edited my config file many times. That doesn't make it right, though.

We have had cases in the past where people have wasted hours of support time because of "bugs in Code::Blocks that made their build fail" and in the end it turned out they had modified their project files in an editor and just happened to have no clue what they were doing.

I am not saying that above poster doesn't know what he is doing, but this is a general thing. Project files and the config file are not to be edited by hand. Of course, you can still do it, but whatever happens is your own problem in this case.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline oZZ

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 06:08:15 am »
Hey guys, I just formatted and I can't get mingwm10.7z from the link mentioned - site's down.

Does anyone have an alternate link?
Thanks a lot.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 06:16:34 am »
Sure, right here. mingw-runtime-3.13-20070825-1.tar.gz is the most recent one. It's in the bin directory after decompression.

Offline oZZ

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 06:34:27 am »
Excellent, thanks a lot!

Offline marfi

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 09:52:21 am »
Hi, do anybody use Win XP 64bit edition with C::B? I do and I'm not able to debug any C::B projects, because the debbuger stops immediatelly with message 'Debugger finished with status 0' without any effects. Is it only my problem or is it a bug (of CB or GDB itself)? I use DBG 6.3 donwnloaded from MinGW site.

Offline Floréal

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 09:59:42 am »
Greetings,
I noticed something about the editor. I don't know if this is a normal: It is about the comboboxes on the top of the window, allowing to choose a class and a method. The class combobox is always disabled, even if two clases have the same method. Is it a bug? Should I submit a bug repports? (and was it the good place to write it?)
regards, Floréal.
PS: Code::blocks is a realy good tool, thanks a lot.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 10:37:00 am »
yes, is disabled, will be used in the future.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 01:17:37 pm »
Hi, do anybody use Win XP 64bit edition with C::B? I do and I'm not able to debug any C::B projects, because the debbuger stops immediatelly with message 'Debugger finished with status 0' without any effects. Is it only my problem or is it a bug (of CB or GDB itself)? I use DBG 6.3 donwnloaded from MinGW site.
Make sure you have "generate debugging symbols" enabled and you do not have "strip executable" turned on.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:25:43 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 04:51:37 pm »
Hello Everyone.

I'm using C::B on a computer without internet also and want to use the devpak ubdater/installer. I have downloaded the devpaks with an onther pc and transfered them with an usb-stick.

How can I configure the devpak-plugin to find and install this local files?

Regards,
             Eckard Klotz.

Offline marfi

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 11:10:24 am »
Make sure you have "generate debugging symbols" enabled and you do not have "strip executable" turned on.

All project settings are OK. It doesn't work even for fresh projects generated by the app wizard. The same project on a different PC (32-bit WinXP SP2) works fine.

sighforever

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 11:40:59 am »
When I run the codeblocks in start menu, it will be not responding. And when I run it in terminal, I will get this error:

(codeblocks:12036): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_realize_icon: assertion `info->icon_pixmap == NULL' failed

What can I do for this problem?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 11:55:35 am »
What can I do for this problem?
Search the forum and pick one of the 1 mio solutions.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 03:29:57 pm »

All project settings are OK. It doesn't work even for fresh projects generated by the app wizard. The same project on a different PC (32-bit WinXP SP2) works fine.
Hmm... unluckily don't have a 64-bit Windows to test, could only guess :(

Can you start gdb successfully if you run it from the command line, and open a process? Yes... I know this is more than painful, but just to see if it runs at all. If this works, it points to a problem with Code::Blocks. If this doesn't work either, then it's a gdb problem (and we don't need to bother).