Author Topic: wxSmith code completion  (Read 3500 times)

Offline Leonti

• Single posting newcomer
wxSmith code completion
« on: September 01, 2007, 05:29:56 am »
Hello!
Yesterday I've installed Code::Blocks with wxSmith plugin.
I'm able to compile gui program so everything is working good.
I have one problem - when I was using Windows and Dev-C++ I could see what methods and properties every class has.
For example if I had wxButton named Button1 and tried 'Button1->' I got compete list of methods and properties (SetLabel(), GetLabel(), etc).
In Code::Blocks when I type 'Button1->' nothing is happening. When I use Button1->SetLabel(); it is working! So code completion not working not because Button1 doesn't have such method.
What I'm doing wrong? It is so inconvenient to go to documentation to see what methods every wx item has.
Maybe there is an option to enable I missed? Maybe I'm just using it in a wrong way?

Thank you!

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: wxSmith code completion
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 07:15:10 pm »
Hi, it's nice to hear that you use C::B and wxSmith :)

Unfortunately code-completion is not yet perfect and may fail in some circumstances. There's also problem when you change something in wxSmith editor (for example add new item), change is not noticed by code-completion plugin so it contains old definition of class, easy fix is to save changed file which usually refresh data correctly (it was reported as bug #8916 on berlios).

So I got question to CC devs: is there some easy way to make CC reparse files ?

Regards
   BYO

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: wxSmith code completion
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 07:48:46 pm »
So I got question to CC devs: is there some easy way to make CC reparse files ?

Though I'm not a CC dev, but my suggestion would be to save the generated editor files. That will trigger a reparsing of current editor. ;)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.