Author Topic: Debugger problem  (Read 2796 times)

avgprogramerjoe

Debugger problem
« on: August 30, 2007, 03:28:41 am »
Hy guys, I am a new programmer and have no prior experience using a c++ compiler/ IDE. When I would run my debugger I would get, error error, and figured it was just saying my program had errors. But then one day I needed some help and posted the debugging message, and was told that something was wrong with my debugger. So I thought I would just reinstall codeblocks to see if it was something I had done, but it still does not debug right. If i simply run the program, it runs fine, but if i debug it, it crashes.
Selecting target: default
Compiling: done
Starting debugger: done
Adding source dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-99DDF15D27\My Documents\myprograms\
Adding file: pong.exe
Continuing...
Debugger finished with status 0
I click debug, then my window pops up on the control bar as though it's minimized, then it does not allow me to make it pop up so I have to rightclick >> close it and it gives me a "not responding." Then I have to go back to codeblocks and click stop debugging. Do I need to set any special settings for the debugger since I'm using sdl?

Thanks,
Joe

P.S. this happens with the default project as well, but if I just run it without debugging, it runs fine(so it's not just my program).

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Debugger problem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 11:20:53 am »
Which revision of C::B r u using? Which compiler and debugger r u using? Did you compile your app with debug symbols?
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.