Author Topic: Creating Version Info  (Read 12959 times)

Offline raph

• Almost regular
Re: Creating Version Info
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 10:52:32 am »
You're definetly right Morten
JGM: If you still want to develop this you could e.g. limit to version info, icons, bitmaps, cursors and binary data (allowing to include a xp manifest file) thus the easy things.

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 03:38:21 pm »
There are *very* good free resource editors around (e.g. ResEd) which you can easily connect to *.RC files within C::B as external tool.

Yep, I saw that tool and it is really complex. I was thinking of only adding bitmaps, icons, pointers, but not windows controls or dialogs :shock: Anyway I will keep it simple just a version info plugin for windows rc with a section marked like this:

//{Version Info
//}

That will be the only area on the file changing and the other rest free to be managed by a third party tool of choice.

There are other cross-platform requirements around that are more important than Windows-only tasks IMHO.
With regards, Morten.

I'm curious, what other things need to be done for both plataforms? I will like to help :)

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 05:10:40 pm »
I forgot about this, but people on the autoversioning at plugin forums are asking for it. So I just remembered to create the plug in. but it will only generate a version.rc, that you can include into your actual rc file. And only the info that posted Morten here http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6775.msg51955.html#msg51955. I guess I will have to create some dialog to edit all that properties. I will make some parser with regular expressions only for the options pointed at the above url.