Author Topic: The 22 august 2007 build (4405) is out.  (Read 367798 times)

Offline Albenejean

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 22 august 2007 build (4405) is out.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 10:05:54 pm »
First of all, he does not using Non-English all the time, in he uses to be Non-English just when he gives the compatriot the question of explaining, it means he does not despise the rule here, I think he is just in order to make the other side easier to understand.
Yes, but one more time, this is an english forum... As most of us don't read Chinese, his post is useless for us. Instead, he could have send him a PM.

And on Internet of this freedom of speech, and in such a free software forum, the behavior of forcing others is obviously freedom spirit which violates here.
Rules are everywhere... On the Internet too...

But I think we are really out of the scope of this topic... (yes me too...)

Offline fenixk19

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 10:56:20 pm »
Hello. I've got a problem after i upgrade to this build from 4365. The following string was generated by wxSmith. Program fails on it with segmentation fault. I havn't change anything in project properties after upgrade. There is code:
Code
Create(parent, id, _("text"), wxDefaultPosition, wxDefaultSize, wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE|wxRESIZE_BORDER, _T("id"));
My system is Xubuntu 7.04 for AMD64 and corresponding Code::Blocks build. What can i do, to solve problem?

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 02:40:17 am »
everybody : please be polite !!!

Thats true, I have seen many discussions (do i can say fights?) these days on forum, and thats not correct. Everybody gotta be more patience, and respect each other.

That kind of behavior only produce divisions on the community and we don't want that! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy in harmony. Every day more people is using code::blocks and the community needing support is growing. Is good for us people using code::blocks, a future where code::blocks could be a standard IDE for all the developers around the world. Unifying the development of Open Source and everything else. :roll:

So I just advice to everyone (including me) to read the wikis, search the forums, the main site, visit the berlios website to see the active bugs, etc... And if you don't find what you want then you may ask. And obviously, read the forum rules to satisfy the developers that are working to bring us this fabulous piece of software (they are people with really busy lives just trying to maintain the order to keep alive this project) also for the growing community that come from all parts of the world.

Maybe in the near future this community will grow so much that the support will be traduced to different languages and everybody will be able to seek the support needed on the loving native language (like my Spanish) :D.

So if somebody is feeling good enough to donate web space and time for forums, wikis and other related stuff like webpages in other languages,
just ask the project leaders for permissions. And everybody will be happy, like ubuntu does. :wink:

Offline laserbeak43

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 04:39:05 am »
First of all, he does not using Non-English all the time, in he uses to be Non-English just when he gives the compatriot the question of explaining, it means he does not despise the rule here, I think he is just in order to make the other side easier to understand.

And on Internet of this freedom of speech, and in such a free software forum, the behavior of forcing others is obviously freedom spirit which violates here.

i also agree with you.

Offline laserbeak43

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 04:41:24 am »
Hello. I've got a problem after i upgrade to this build from 4365. The following string was generated by wxSmith. Program fails on it with segmentation fault. I havn't change anything in project properties after upgrade. There is code:
Code
Create(parent, id, _("text"), wxDefaultPosition, wxDefaultSize, wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE|wxRESIZE_BORDER, _T("id"));
My system is Xubuntu 7.04 for AMD64 and corresponding Code::Blocks build. What can i do, to solve problem?

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6627.msg51061.html#msg51061

Offline laserbeak43

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 04:44:18 am »

So if somebody is feeling good enough to donate web space and time for forums, wikis and other related stuff like webpages in other languages,
just ask the project leaders for permissions. And everybody will be happy, like ubuntu does. :wink:

that would be great! cause i'm getting tired of everyone using the excuse that "this is an english only forum"(not just these forums, and yes my native language is an english dialect) to be disrespectful to people.

qykc

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 08:03:29 am »
I'm sorry. But my English is not good.

可以用fcitx,先Ctrl+f一下,切换到智能拼音或其他输入法,再回去输入中文
It means:

You can try fcitx. First press "Ctrl+f". Change input method to a Chinese input method. Then come back to type Chinese.

A pkg.tar.gz file for archlinux users:
http://www.box.net/shared/q1394vd3uk
(Its version is svn4407, because I don't know how to get a older version. Who can help me?)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 08:16:01 am by qykc »

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 10:12:28 am »
Code

Need some more informations: is it C::B or your program than crashes ? And when it does crash exactly ? Could you post some bigger part of source code ?

Regards
   BYO

Offline fenixk19

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007, 01:00:31 pm »
laserbeak43
Everything is ok with wxgtk version. It is 2.8.4.
byo
My program crashes. It is crashes when i run it. In debugger it is also shows message about segmentation fault. This code is from my main frame constuctor. When i look in backtrace i see that it is some allocation problem in gtk functions. Everything was ok before i upgrade! Here is the full code:
Code
RSWorldEditorFrame::RSWorldEditorFrame(wxWindow* parent, wxString& app_dir, wxWindowID id)
{
    SETTINGS_FILE = app_dir + _(DIR_SEPARATOR)+wxString(SETTINGS_FILE_NAME);
    //(*Initialize(RSWorldEditorFrame)
    wxMenuBar* MenuBar1;
    wxMenu* Menu1;
    wxMenuItem* MenuItem5;
    wxMenuItem* MenuItem1;
    wxMenu* Menu3;
    wxMenuItem* MenuItem7;
    wxMenu* Menu2;
    wxMenuItem* MenuItem2;

[b]Create(parent, id, _("text"), wxDefaultPosition, wxDefaultSize, wxDEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE|wxRESIZE_BORDER, _T("id"));//Program fails here[/b]
    SetClientSize(wxSize(522,423));
    Notebook1 = new wxNotebook(this, ID_NOTEBOOK1, wxPoint(149,83), wxSize(411,214), 0, _T("ID_NOTEBOOK1"));
    Panel1 = new wxPanel(Notebook1, ID_PANEL1, wxPoint(2,8), wxDefaultSize, wxTAB_TRAVERSAL, _T("ID_PANEL1"));
    StaticText1 = new wxStaticText(Panel1, ID_STATICTEXT1, _("Загружен мир:"), wxPoint(7,9), wxDefaultSize, 0, _T("ID_STATICTEXT1"));
    StaticText2 = new wxStaticText(Panel1, ID_STATICTEXT2, _("Label"), wxPoint(110,9), wxDefaultSize, 0, _T("ID_STATICTEXT2"));
    StaticText3 = new wxStaticText(Panel1, ID_STATICTEXT3, _("Описание мира:"), wxPoint(7,29), wxDefaultSize, 0, _T("ID_STATICTEXT3"));
    TextCtrl1 = new wxTextCtrl(Panel1, ID_TEXTCTRL1, _("Text"), wxPoint(7,50), wxSize(219,128), wxTE_MULTILINE|wxTE_READONLY|wxVSCROLL, wxDefaultValidator, _T("ID_TEXTCTRL1"));
    TextCtrl1->SetBackgroundColour(wxSystemSettings::GetColour(wxSYS_COLOUR_INACTIVECAPTION));
    Button1 = new wxButton(Panel1, ID_BUTTON1, _("Редактировать имя и описание"), wxPoint(7,185), wxDefaultSize, 0, wxDefaultValidator, _T("ID_BUTTON1"));
    StaticText4 = new wxStaticText(Panel1, ID_STATICTEXT4, _("Содержится спрайтов пола: "), wxPoint(293,25), wxDefaultSize, 0, _T("ID_STATICTEXT4"));
    StaticText5 = new wxStaticText(Panel1, ID_STATICTEXT5, _("0"), wxPoint(487,25), wxDefaultSize, 0, _T("ID_STATICTEXT5"));
    StaticText6 = new wxStaticText(Panel1, ID_STATICTEXT6, _("Содержится игровых полей: "), wxPoint(293,9), wxDefaultSize, 0, _T("ID_STATICTEXT6"));
    StaticText7 = new wxStaticText(Panel1, ID_STATICTEXT7, _("0"), wxPoint(487,9), wxDefaultSize, 0, _T("ID_STATICTEXT7"));
    Panel2 = new wxPanel(Notebook1, ID_PANEL2, wxPoint(143,15), wxDefaultSize, wxTAB_TRAVERSAL, _T("ID_PANEL2"));
    Notebook1->AddPage(Panel1, _("Статистика"), false);
    Notebook1->AddPage(Panel2, _("Page name"), false);
    MenuBar1 = new wxMenuBar();
    Menu1 = new wxMenu();
    MenuItem3 = new wxMenu();
    MenuItem4 = new wxMenuItem(MenuItem3, ID_MENUITEM2, _("Attach"), wxEmptyString, wxITEM_NORMAL);
    MenuItem3->Append(MenuItem4);
    MenuItem5 = new wxMenuItem(MenuItem3, ID_MENUITEM3, _("Create"), wxEmptyString, wxITEM_NORMAL);
    MenuItem3->Append(MenuItem5);
    Menu1->Append(ID_MENUITEM1, _("World"), MenuItem3, wxEmptyString);
    MenuItem1 = new wxMenuItem(Menu1, idMenuQuit, _("Quit\tAlt-F4"), _("Quit the application"), wxITEM_NORMAL);
    Menu1->Append(MenuItem1);
    MenuBar1->Append(Menu1, _("&File"));
    Menu3 = new wxMenu();
    MenuItem7 = new wxMenuItem(Menu3, ID_MENUITEM5, _("Undo"), wxEmptyString, wxITEM_NORMAL);
    Menu3->Append(MenuItem7);
    MenuBar1->Append(Menu3, _("Edit"));
    Menu4 = new wxMenu();
    MenuItem6 = new wxMenuItem(Menu4, ID_MENUITEM4, _("Settings..."), wxEmptyString, wxITEM_NORMAL);
    Menu4->Append(MenuItem6);
    MenuBar1->Append(Menu4, _("Settings"));
    Menu2 = new wxMenu();
    MenuItem2 = new wxMenuItem(Menu2, idMenuAbout, _("About\tF1"), _("Show info about this application"), wxITEM_NORMAL);
    Menu2->Append(MenuItem2);
    MenuBar1->Append(Menu2, _("Help"));
    SetMenuBar(MenuBar1);
    StatusBar1 = new wxStatusBar(this, ID_STATUSBAR1, 0, _T("ID_STATUSBAR1"));
    int StatusBar1__widths[1] = { -1 };
    int StatusBar1__styles[1] = { wxSB_NORMAL };
    StatusBar1->SetFieldsCount(1,StatusBar1__widths);
    StatusBar1->SetStatusStyles(1,StatusBar1__styles);
    SetStatusBar(StatusBar1);
    Connect(ID_NOTEBOOK1,wxEVT_COMMAND_NOTEBOOK_PAGE_CHANGED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&RSWorldEditorFrame::OnNotebook1PageChanged);
    Connect(ID_BUTTON1,wxEVT_COMMAND_BUTTON_CLICKED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&RSWorldEditorFrame::EditInfoButton);
    Connect(ID_MENUITEM2,wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&RSWorldEditorFrame::AttachWorldFileMenu);
    Connect(ID_MENUITEM3,wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&RSWorldEditorFrame::CreateWorldFileMenu);
    Connect(idMenuQuit,wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&RSWorldEditorFrame::OnQuit);
    Connect(ID_MENUITEM4,wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&RSWorldEditorFrame::SettingsSettingsMenu);
    Connect(idMenuAbout,wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED,(wxObjectEventFunction)&RSWorldEditorFrame::OnAbout);
    //*)

opened_page=Notebook1->GetSelection();
    wchar_t * wc_setfile = SETTINGS_FILE.wchar_str();
    settings.Load(wc_setfile);
    settings.Link(L"LastLoadedWorld", &last_loaded_world);
    wxString wxlast_loaded_world;
    wxlast_loaded_world.Printf(_("%s"), last_loaded_world.c_str());
    if(wxFileExists(wxlast_loaded_world))
    {
        sqlite3_open16(last_loaded_world.c_str(), &DB);
    }
    else
        DB=0;

internal_sets.backup_enabled=1;
    internal_sets.backup_count=10;
    settings.Link(L"DBBackupEnabled", &internal_sets.backup_enabled, SettingsLib::INT_CONVERSION);
    settings.Link(L"BackupCopiesCount", &internal_sets.backup_count, SettingsLib::INT_CONVERSION);

ReloadPage();
}

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2007, 01:33:25 pm »
The server running these forums as well as the domain owner are located in the European Union, and the forum is thus under EU jurisdiction. As such, the forum maintainer (Yiannis) is responsible and personally liable for all content, regardless whether he wrote it, or someone else did.

Therefore, we do not and will not allow language that we do not understand, and we will not discuss on the issue.
The official forum language is English, as this is the language that all moderators understand.

We may make exceptions in particular cases, but as a general rule, any posts which contain language that we cannot read/identify will be edited/deleted. Anybody seeing his rights of freedom of speech infringed by this simple rule is free visit other forums. Have a nice day.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline laserbeak43

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2007, 04:27:21 pm »
no problem, but i'm sure you or any other mod in these forums would have made a big deal over his post, is all i'm saying.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2007, 05:44:14 pm »
Nobody made a big deal about the post. Biplab asked politely to use English language. He could as well have edited the post, but he thought it was more polite to just tell the user for the future.

What he got in return was "take a pill" and a remark about "freedom of speech". This is what the deal is about.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline laserbeak43

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2007, 09:05:51 pm »
i guess you're right. i just didn't see why he thought it was necessary. it was obvious to me(even though i wouldn't truly know cause i don't read any asian languages) that he was helping someone else who had bad english.

either way, i apologize to him and everyone else on this board who had to endure a thread on a nightly build that's
3 days old ;P

hansgong

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2007, 06:44:13 am »
I can't type Chinese by scim-bridge. When I was typing ,it crashed.

I'm a Chinese too.
可以用fcitx,先Ctrl+f一下,切换到智能拼音或其他输入法,再回去输入中文

This might be a bug.

Chinese:这样做太麻烦了。wxwidgets的环境配置好像有点问题,你能不能留个通信方式,请教你一下。

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2007, 07:24:21 am »
cmon man sometimes you have to make an exception. this is relative.

Every forum has some rules and C::B forum has this rule. If you're using any forum, you should also follow it's rules. Please note, this is a English only forum.

to Biplab:I do hate you.

take a pill.

Please don't post hate message here. Reason, Thomas has already explained that. You may not like what I've said earlier. But my words were not against you and have some valid points which have been supported by other moderators, too. If you wish to communicate with your compatriot in your native language you are free to do in PM.

The only point that upsets is that you people don't want to see the reason behind my words and keep abusing me. I thought of not writing any more messages on this topic to stop any further flames. But your hate message forced me to do so.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:26:58 am by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.