Author Topic: CB on Ubuntu 7.04  (Read 3667 times)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
CB on Ubuntu 7.04
« on: August 05, 2007, 03:01:13 am »
I recently this week installed moka 5 (moka5.com) on one of my winXP systems.  I then added Ubuntu 7.04 player, and I am configuring it.  In fact, I am typing this using Ubuntu now.  It works just like a normal Linux system, and on this machine, I don't see any slowdown.  I recommend trying it if you have the hard drive and cpu for it.  I have successfully installed C::B for Ubuntu 7.04 & the wxWidgets libs per the direction in the wiki.  I have compiled and ran the basic console app successfully.  This is my first time running C::B on a Linux system.  I don't even know how to go about setting up the directories for other libraries (like wxWIdgets) in the C::B environment.  I don't even know if I have to.  Any suggestions?

I definately like having access to Linux this easily.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: CB on Ubuntu 7.04
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:06:59 am »
If I recall correctly, the wxWidgets wizard uses `wx-config` under Linux. Have you tried it out yet?
Edit: Yep, I recalled correctly.

P.S. - I'm glad you've discovered the joys of virtual machines. :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 03:11:05 am by TDragon »
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:49:30 am »
I'm actually running windows 2000 server under ubuntu 7.04 using Virtual Box, runs very smooth :D

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 06:17:18 am »
This is my first time running C::B on a Linux system.  I don't even know how to go about setting up the directories for other libraries (like wxWIdgets) in the C::B environment.  I don't even know if I have to.  Any suggestions?

Download and install the pre-compiled binary for Ubuntu from
http://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/

You have to select and specify couple of options in the wizard and wizard will do the rest. :)

P.S. - I'm glad you've discovered the joys of virtual machines. :)

It's one of the best way to try and learn other OS. I've a number of Virtual Machines installed in my PC and I would recommend it. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 02:29:59 am »
It works.  First, I tried wx-config --version, and that returned 2.8.4.  Then I created, built, and ran a default wxWidgets project successfully!  It's great.  My only annoyance with this virtual machine is that it will not keep the right date and time!  Oh well.  Thanks for the assist.
jmccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.