Author Topic: TDM gcc & windows executabe  (Read 4440 times)

jimmyo

TDM gcc & windows executabe
« on: August 13, 2007, 04:29:42 pm »
Hello,

I've build & install TDM cross compiler. Build work correct.
But can i create with tdm tools windows executable files ?
(gcc.exe or mingw-gcc.exe, ....)
Or how can i do this.

Thanks
  Jimmy

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: TDM gcc & windows executabe
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 08:35:10 pm »
Do you mean that you've installed one of my binary packages, or that you downloaded the sources and built them yourself? Either way, your question is not particularly related to Code::Blocks, unless you're wondering how to use it with Code::Blocks (the answer being the same way that you use the official MinGW distribution).

Since the TDM GCC binaries are experimental, I provide little support for them -- one should be at least marginally familiar with the use of the official MinGW gcc packages in order to use my replacement packages. As far as building GCC yourself from sources, I provide no support.

One final note: although a cross compiler is generated as a part of the build process I currently use (a "crossed-native" approach), it isn't the end goal.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

jimmyo

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:17:16 am »
Hello,

In this forum i have found some comment to your tdm gcc.
I like this tools. and this forum was the only found way to contact you.
I'm newbe in linux.
What i will !
I must build a gcc, that run under windows (mingw) and create i386 (windows) code.
And i must build a second gcc, that also run under windows and create ppc code.
mingw32-gcc-i386.exe
mingw32-gcc-ppc.exe
And i will use a new version of gcc code. (you have 4.2.1)
And mingw project have only version 3.x.y
Your homepage & scripts are one of the best, i have found on internet.

Can you help me about this ?
Or do you know a other homepage to do this ?

Thanks
  Jimmy

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 02:57:29 pm »
About all I can say is that GCC builds best from a true Unix-like environment. It can be done under Windows with mSYS, but may require some workarounds; I believe it can also be done under Windows with Cygwin and may work better there, but I've never tried it. You should follow the directions on the GCC website; if you can adapt my scripts to do what you want, feel free as I've placed them in the public domain.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)