Author Topic: The 31 July 2007 build (4338) is out.  (Read 28017 times)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: The 31 July 2007 build (4338) is out.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 06:10:20 am »
When compilling with Visual C++ 2005, it needs the file "mspdb80.dll" (don't ask me why...). With this version, I've got a message box from cl.exe (the compiler) saying that this file is missing. When switching back to SVN4261, everything is OK (I haven't got any nightlies between these two).

25 July 2007 build (4321) : Could not find the dll needed by cl.exe, even if the dll is in the same directory.

Wait for the next nightly. It should get resolved.

Also ensure that the following path has been added in Additional Path section in Settings > Compiler and debugger > Toolchain executables.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Albenejean

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 12:35:16 pm »
Try adding the path to the DLL to Additional Paths.
Already done.

Also ensure that the following path has been added in Additional Path section in Settings > Compiler and debugger > Toolchain executables. ...
Already done. Besides I've got a copy of the dll in the compiler's directory.

Wait for the next nightly. It should get resolved.
Thanks!!

Offline Marenz

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 01:22:32 pm »
Hello again,
I try to compile a project which uses precompiled headers.
but the compilation fails:

Code
-------------- Build: Debug-linux in Azadi ---------------
Linking console executable: ./Azadidbg
src/Azadi.h.gch/Debug-linux_src_Azadi_h_gch: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

i checked the file:
file Debug-linux_src_Azadi_h_gch
Debug-linux_src_Azadi_h_gch: GCC precompiled header (version 013) for C++

I have no idea how to get rid of this :(

--Ano
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:26:43 pm by Suprano »

Offline Jan van den Borst

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 05:06:26 pm »
LS
I'm having trouble building codeblocks:

mingw32-g++.exe -shared   -Wl,--dll -Ldevel -Lbase\tinyxml -LD:\swprojects\IN_ACTIVE\codeblocks\wxWidgets-2.8.4\lib\gcc_dll -LV:\mingw\lib  .objs\plugins\projectsimporter\msvc7loader.o .objs\plugins\projectsimporter\msvc7workspaceloader.o .objs\plugins\projectsimporter\msvcloader.o .objs\plugins\projectsimporter\msvcworkspacebase.o .objs\plugins\projectsimporter\msvcworkspaceloader.o .objs\plugins\projectsimporter\projectsimporter.o .objs\plugins\projectsimporter\devcpploader.o   -o devel\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\projectsimporter.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias  -lcodeblocks -lwxmsw28u

Info: resolving vtable for TiXmlDocumentby linking to __imp___ZTV13TiXmlDocument (auto-import)
.objs\plugins\projectsimporter\msvc7loader.o: In function `ZNSt6vectorIPN14BlockAllocatorI21CodeBlocksLayoutEventLj75ELb0EE11LinkedBlockIS1_EESaIS5_EEixEj':
V:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/bits/stl_vector.h:(.text$_ZN13TiXmlDocumentD1Ev[TiXmlDocument::~TiXmlDocument()]+0x3a): variable 'vtable for TiXmlDocument' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What should I do?

Jan

oats

OS X builds
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 10:11:39 pm »
is anyone doing regular nightly builds for OS X?  is anyone actively developing bug fixes for OS X?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: OS X builds
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 06:04:43 am »
is anyone doing regular nightly builds for OS X?  is anyone actively developing bug fixes for OS X?

I have no Idea on the nightly builds for OS X; afb was doing D Language and OS X related stuff about 6 months ago.

Tim S
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:07:09 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 06:39:48 am »

Please look at the following thread for latest Mac builds.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6440.0.html
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Marenz

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 09:19:16 am »
i am a little confused by codeblocks. i have a project. I can't compile this project no more. i readded all files several times, i just gives me some absolutly senseless errors
(starting with

/home/suprano/c++/azadi/src/Azadi.cpp:40: error: ‘Azadi* Azadi::instance’ is not a static member of ‘class Azadi’
/home/suprano/c++/azadi/src/Azadi.cpp: In constructor ‘Azadi::Azadi(int, char**)’:

)
i have a makefile, using it works out of the box. why is giving me codeblocks this(and more) errors and the makefile not ?

creating a new project does work

--Ano
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 09:28:55 am by Suprano »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 02:43:48 pm »
i am a little confused by codeblocks. i have a project. I can't compile this project no more. i readded all files several times, i just gives me some absolutly senseless errors
(starting with

/home/suprano/c++/azadi/src/Azadi.cpp:40: error: ‘Azadi* Azadi::instance’ is not a static member of ‘class Azadi’
/home/suprano/c++/azadi/src/Azadi.cpp: In constructor ‘Azadi::Azadi(int, char**)’:

)
i have a makefile, using it works out of the box. why is giving me codeblocks this(and more) errors and the makefile not ?

creating a new project does work

--Ano

I would look at the search directories for headers, this is the main thing that causes problems like this.

I would also turn on full-command line logging and start an new thread in
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/board,3.0.html

To Turn on Command line logging

Settings -> "Compiler Debugger"
Select tab "Other Settings" on far right
Change "Compiler Logging" to "Full Command Line"

Then Try rebuilding and post the "Build Log" Then someone might see the issue cause.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 03:17:41 pm »

I am doing regular monthly builds for Mac OS X, and developing / fixing occasional bugs as well.

See the BerliOS download page: http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5358