Author Topic: The 05 august 2007 build (4349) is out.  (Read 14290 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 05 august 2007 build (4349) is out.
« on: August 05, 2007, 09:01:36 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx284.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

The 05 August 2007 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070805_rev4349_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070805_rev4349_Ubuntu6.10+7.04_wx2.8.4.tar.gz (not yet)
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070805_rev4349_Debian4.0_wx2.8.4.tar.gz (not yet)
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070805_rev4349_suse100-102.wx28.i586.rpm (not yet)
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070805_rev4349_fc4+5.i586.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• Now *.cc files would be recognized as C++ files
  • Fixed: MSVC Project import bug where '-g' was getting added to Release target
  • Added: Code-statistics for *.cc, *.cxx files in project file options dialog

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
Re: The 05 august 2007 build (4349) is out.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 11:11:48 pm »
Updated packages for Suse 10.1, 10.2 and factory (i586 and x84_64) against wxgtk 2.8 are available:
All other distributions aren't supported atm.

have fun ;)
Nightly builds for openSUSE

RobinMin

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 06:16:30 am »
I am sorry for report this in this topic, but I got the problem after install this night build version.

My problem is , I have some C++ codes compiled pass by previous version, but after today's update, C::B using gcc to compile the C++ code automatically , but not the g++.
the code like following
Code
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello world!" << endl;
    return 0;
}

And I got the following error message:
Code
:: === newCC, Debug ===
obj\Debug\main.o:: In function `ZSt17__verify_groupingPKcjRKSs':
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\bits\locale_facets.tcc:2498: undefined reference to `std::string::size() const'
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\bits\locale_facets.tcc:2507: undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\bits\locale_facets.tcc:2509: undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\bits\locale_facets.tcc:2512: undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
obj\Debug\main.o:: In function `main':
C:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cpp:7: undefined reference to `std::cout'
C:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cpp:7: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
C:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cpp:7: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::endl<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
C:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cpp:7: undefined reference to `std::ostream::operator<<(std::ostream& (*)(std::ostream&))'
obj\Debug\main.o:: In function `Z41__static_initialization_and_destruction_0ii':
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\iostream:77: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::Init()'
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\iostream:77: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
:: === Build finished: 10 errors, 0 warnings ===

the most unfortunately, I can not found one way to change the compiler from gcc to g++, anybody can give me the solution or any hint?

my environment is cgywin + XP + gcc.

any help will be appreciated. thx

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 06:32:16 am »
My problem is , I have some C++ codes compiled pass by previous version, but after today's update, C::B using gcc to compile the C++ code automatically , but not the g++.

In today's update *.cc has been added to the list of files recognised as c++ file. This has been done to ask C::B to use g++ for *.cc files.

I believe this is not affecting you.

Anyway you can ask C::B to use g++. Right click on file and click Properties and go to Advanced tab. Now change the compiler variable to CPP.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:37:54 am by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

RobinMin

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:20:50 am »

In today's update *.cc has been added to the list of files recognised as c++ file. This has been done to ask C::B to use g++ for *.cc files.

I believe this is not affecting you.

Anyway you can ask C::B to use g++. Right click on file and click Properties and go to Advanced tab. Now change the compiler variable to CPP.

Thank your reply for my problem. but got the error too.
I've do some change as you mentioned , my operation is
1),check the compiler variable,  it has been set as [CPP]
2), change file name : main.cpp -> main.cc, and modify the *.cbp file to include new file.

After these, I got error message:
Code
obj\Debug\main.o:: In function `ZSt3minIjERKT_S2_S2_':
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:(.text+0xd):: undefined reference to `std::string::size() const'
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:(.text+0x60):: undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:(.text+0x9f):: undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:(.text+0xce):: undefined reference to `std::string::operator[](unsigned int) const'
obj\Debug\main.o:: In function `main':
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:20: undefined reference to `std::cout'
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:20: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:20: undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::endl<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
c:\SRCTemp\CPP\newCC\main.cc:20: undefined reference to `std::ostream::operator<<(std::ostream& (*)(std::ostream&))'
obj\Debug\main.o:: In function `Z41__static_initialization_and_destruction_0ii':
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\iostream:77: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::Init()'
\usr\lib\gcc\i686-pc-cygwin\3.4.4\include\c++\iostream:77: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
:: === Build finished: 10 errors, 0 warnings ===

And after I comment out all the lines relating to <iostream>, and add one test class, compilation is OK.
so I think , my description in previous is not right. All these error message because of the std::iostream,any hint?

my test code as following:
Code
//#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

class AAA{
public:
    AAA():m_i(0){
    }
    void testone(int i){
        this->m_i = i;
    }
private:
    int m_i;
};

int main()
{
    AAA aa;
    aa.testone(99);
  //  cout << "Hello world!" << endl;
    return 0;
}

? really want to know what's happened!

screetch

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:18:11 am »
the C++ file is conpiled fine but then the LINKER is set to gcc instead of g++ or something like that

check the linker variable instead

Offline normunds

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 12:24:22 pm »
Is it possible to change toolbar button order?
www.valodas.com - free cross-platform language learning software

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 02:11:11 pm »
Is it possible to change toolbar button order?
No, it's hardcoded currently.