Author Topic: CBIL project: ShellExtension plugin warning  (Read 15982 times)

mariocup

Re: CBIL project: ShellExtension plugin warning
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 02:04:26 am »
Hi Damien,

just a new idea: Is it possible to add support for to select the extension menu with the keyboard. User can define shortcuts for the entries in the menu extensions but what I would prefer is something like:
Use Alt-X to select the menu, then press S and then A on the keyboard. This should select Extensions->SVN->Add. This would be also cool for the context menu, because sometimes it is faster to work with the keyboard then using a mouse.

What do you think about it.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 02:27:03 am »
Mario: I think it should sort of work now because of default wxWidgets behavior - when you specify the menu structure you can use an "&" before the characters you want to use as hotkey: e.g. "&SVN/&add" would make S then A the hotkey combo (this also works for context menus, in that case you need to press (and maybe hold) the context menu button, next to the right alt on my keyboard, before you start). there may be issues maintaining the keyboard focus on the file explorer after each command. you will also need to be consistent with your menu naming - e.g. all SVN submenu entries should be specified as "&SVN"

mariocup

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 10:55:57 pm »
Hi Damien,

thx for the info.

I found a strange behaviour with the shell extension plugin (svn 110). If I close the message console (F2) and edit Environment->Shell Extensions and press ok the message console will be opened. Is this a bug in codeblocks or in your plugin? Can you reproduce the problem?

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 12:14:44 am »
seems to happen with or without either of my plugins. must be a cb behavior. easily fixed i would imagine.