Author Topic: C::B don't want to allow me begin wx develop.  (Read 3596 times)

boulabiar

C::B don't want to allow me begin wx develop.
« on: July 30, 2007, 04:38:36 am »
Hi,

I am not able to use wx in C::B in the windows platform.

I've installed Code::Blocks and wxwidgets 2.8.4.

When I create a new wx project, I am asked for wx directory, so I specified it,
in the pre-final step 2 errors come up to me :

"A matching Debug configuration cannot be found in the wxWidgets directory you specified, This means that Debug target of your project will not build "

And the same thing for release !

What I should do ? I am sure of the directory?!!

Thanks

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: C::B don't want to allow me begin wx develop.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:12:37 am »
What I should do ? I am sure of the directory?!!
Did you *compile* wxWidgets? The distribution usually comes as source code only which you need to compile first. Unless you are using somthing like wxPack.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

boulabiar

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 12:21:12 pm »
And how to compile it ?

I tried compiling but I don't know what to do with compiled results files.
There is no clear tutorial how to do this ?

I searched the net, but really I haven't found a good tutorial that I can understand !
(The tutorial I found don't show me exactly what files to copy and where, and it hasn't screenshot or clear step to follow)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:38:07 pm »
There is a somehow old article in our WiKi (related to something else), but it nevertheless contains instructions on how to build wxWidgets (an older version, but the instructions are the same):
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.2_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29#Building_wxWidgets

When you have built wxWidgets in that way, all you should need to do to build your own programs is to set the #wx variable (Settings --> Global Variables) to the location of your wxWidgets folder.

There are a dozen other ways to build wxWidgets, but this is the easiest one for beginners. Remember to copy the DLL when distributing your program, or it will not run.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 05:14:26 pm »
Check on wxWiki, there are very detailed articles on how to build wxWidgets. Also there are usually install instructions in the package when you download it

another way is to use precompiled binaries (e.g wxPack)