Author Topic: Tooltip Dialogs Not Vanishing  (Read 3882 times)

Offline arew264

• Multiple posting newcomer
Tooltip Dialogs Not Vanishing
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:23:27 pm »
I'm not sure if this is a problem with Code::Blocks or GTK, but I have a quite frustrating problem.
I'm running nightly build 4303.

The issue is that when you hover your mouse over a function call, it pops up the prototype of that function (I believe this dialog it shows is called a tooltip).
That's all fine and good, the problem is that when I move my mouse away, the dialog stays. I can pop up other windows, and the function prototype will always stay on top. It vanishes when I quit CodeBlocks, I believe.

This is under Linux and using the latest "stable" release of the GTK runtime, so it could be a GTK glitch. Is it though?
I'll keep a watch on this behavior and update if I notice something else.

Offline klight

Re: Tooltip Dialogs Not Vanishing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 10:22:41 pm »
I've had this on Windows also.  Typically it'll go away if another one pops-up, however I did have a stubborn one that remained no matter what I did.

Offline billyonthemountain

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:06:09 pm »
It seems to me that there was a similar issue in build 4273 and also on windows.
see this thread http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6453.0.html
But it should have been fixed in 4280
You can disable this feature temporarily : Settings -> Editor -> Code Completion -> Tab "Code completion" -> deactivate "Display info when hovering mouse over a token".

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 11:08:04 pm by billyonthemountain »
(ASM, C/C++)||(VISION&AI)||(EMBEDDED SYSTEMS)

Offline prcarp

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 02:30:39 pm »
This bug is still in build 4368 (Aug 7) for Windows.  I thought about turning them off to reduce the annoyance but they are helpful for me when filling out function parameters.

C::B is a great tool nonetheless and I am turning more developers onto it.