Author Topic: No console output when using SDL template  (Read 7207 times)

Offline TheChuckster

• Single posting newcomer
No console output when using SDL template
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:54:48 am »
Pardon me if this doesn't belong here, but I compile programs with Code::Blocks that use SDL. However, nothing shows up in the "DOS" console window when I try to output text via printf. I am running my programs in the IDE. The console does work, though, with console programs. Only with SDL programs am I unable to write to the console. When I compile SDL programs in Linux using GCC, outputting text to the console works perfectly.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: No console output when using SDL template
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 09:20:01 am »
Pardon me if this doesn't belong here, but I compile programs with Code::Blocks that use SDL. However, nothing shows up in the "DOS" console window when I try to output text via printf. I am running my programs in the IDE. The console does work, though, with console programs. Only with SDL programs am I unable to write to the console. When I compile SDL programs in Linux using GCC, outputting text to the console works perfectly.

A simple search would have given you the answer(s)...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline TheChuckster

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 05:08:39 pm »
Thanks! I tried Google first, but I should have also thought of searching the forums. I'm sorry for bothering you -- I know the feeling since I get redundant DS Doom e-mails all the time from people who don't read the FAQ. >_<

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »
I'm sorry for bothering you

No problem :).
It's just that you would have solved your problem earlier if you had searched ;)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...