Author Topic: SVN plugin  (Read 104764 times)

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
Re: SVN plugin
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2005, 05:09:01 pm »
Yup I am using there build of C::B. Thanks for trying.

Is there any way to explain, posibly a tutorial, about what needs to be compiled and what source is need to help the developement of this plugin along? I have the source for the SVN plugin and the SDK from the C::B website but I get all kinds of errors when compiling the plugin. I think the version of the SDK for C::B is old and that might be the problem. How do I update the SDK so I can work with plugins using the builds that are beyond the current RC?

I know I have half the information. Just enough to be a pain. But I would love to help out once I get up to speed.
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2005, 05:44:45 pm »
Basically, the SDK must match the C::B binaries. It'd probably be best if you could get Ceniza and/or Therion to also provide the SDK corresponding to their binaries (as a separate download).

takeshimiya

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2005, 06:05:49 pm »
No, it would be better if the SVN plugin would be in the SVN repository don't you think? lol :lol:

Is there any reason of why it's not on contrib plugins?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 06:07:36 pm by Takeshi Miya »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2005, 06:07:13 pm »
The easiest way to update the SDK is to copy over the headers from the Code::Blocks sources. Note that you need compatible link libraries for wxmsw26.dll and codeblocks.dll, too (matching the exact build that the plugin is to be used with). If you have compiled Code::Blocks yourself, just copy those files too (or set the linker's path). If you still use RC2, then you can download the matching SDK from codeblocks.org. If you use an unofficial build, then... I don't know -- if the build includes the libs, then all is fine, if it does not, then you have a problem.

However, working on the plugin now may not make an awful lot of sense, because your precious work will be worthless after the next release (which is finally being worked on).

I had stopped working on the plugin about 3 weeks before RC2 came out and (despite having planned otherwise) only taken up work again on Saturday.
In the mean time, a lot of significant things in Code::Blocks have changed, and cvs is no longer on the feature list, so an almost complete rewrite reusing some of the existing components seems easier than working on with the existing sources.
Apart from that, significant changes to UI, behaviour, and settings are being made (which are neither compatible with the old versions, nor with Urxae's modifications).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2005, 06:08:22 pm »
Is there any reason of why it's not on contrib plugins?

There is a reason: it is rubbish.

As soon as the next release compiles, it will be included via svn:external.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2005, 07:06:08 pm »
I would not throw away the cvs stuff. CB talking for other projects with cvs servers reamains an inrteresting functionality.
Just like I created a plug-in for ClearCase.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2005, 12:24:56 am »
I have TortoiseSVN installed but the plugin does not detect it. I can setup the path to CVS, SVN - is there a reason why not for TortoiseSVN?
I just found out why - by mere coincidence (reinstalled TortoiseSVN).
TortoiseSVN really does no longer come with a svn executable! Obviously, the plugin cannot find it, if it is not there.
So for the future, users will have to install subversion, and optionally TortoiseSVN, the latter alone is not enough.

I would not throw away the cvs stuff. CB talking for other projects with cvs servers reamains an inrteresting functionality.
Just like I created a plug-in for ClearCase.
That's not what I said. The primary objective is to get svn to work. Incorporating CVS at the same time makes the code complicated and unmanageable, and stalls the development of the primary objective. Therefore, cvs is taken out of that module.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2005, 07:45:27 am »
I totally agree, keep things clean and simple :

- plug-in for svn
- plug-in for cvs
- plug-in clearcase
- plug-in for perforce (I'm gonna start working on it)

Lieven
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 07:48:11 am by killerbot »

Offline cborders

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2006, 11:03:03 pm »
I saw the issue regarding this plugin on the download page so I installed svn, but now I can't seem to find a link to download the plugin, where can I get it?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2006, 11:10:58 pm »
[...] where can I get it?
Via SVN from: http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cb-svn/. Look through the forum for a compatibility patch to run this version with the current SVN-HEAD of Code::Blocks.
Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

takeshimiya

« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2006, 12:47:04 am »
Mental note for when the SVN plugin get's back to life: Make it work with both SVN and TortoiseSVN.
As TortoiseSVN doesn't come anymore with svn.exe, but still it let's you do almost all (all?) by the command line.
It will be a pain to tell users that they need to download another 5mb more for making the C::B SVN plugin work.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2006, 12:50:27 am »
They will have to, though, because the plugin will not work with TortoiseSVN.
What it will do in respect to TortoiseSVN is, it will offer some additional functionality. The standard functionality runs through svn.

jsiebert

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2006, 01:21:05 pm »
Hi there,

are there any news on the svn plugin? Is it currently worked on?

Greetings

Jens

sethjackson

« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2006, 02:02:22 pm »
Hi there,

are there any news on the svn plugin? Is it currently worked on?

Greetings

Jens

Hi. This will probably answer some of your questions. :)

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3122.0

(Specifically thomas's first post)

jsiebert

« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2006, 02:45:24 pm »
Hi,

thanks for the info! Next time I put on my glasses before searching the forum ;-)

Greetings

Jens