Author Topic: SVN plugin  (Read 104751 times)

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
Re: SVN plugin
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2005, 11:58:17 pm »
Has there been any developement on this?

I tried the one from the website and it doesn't seem to work. Every time I try to add a project to a repository it closes C::B without any message at all. If I try to go to the "Configure Plugins" it crashes C::B. I use Subversion a lot and this is going to be a great plugin. Please let me know if there is anything I can dso to help.
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2005, 01:28:59 am »
Svn support actually works quite reliably, I work with it all day, cvs support is (still) a bit awkward, that's going to be fixed soon though.
There is a bug in the version that is released on the BerliOS site which indeed causes a crash if you do not have svn properly installed, or if the plugin cannot find it - that bug has been fixed in the repository. The version coming with RC2 will not have that bug any more, and as soon as  I can be bothered to clean up a few things, a better version will be released on the Berlios site, too. Few days patience please, have a busy week.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2005, 10:27:48 pm »
If I try to go to the "Configure Plugins" it crashes C::B.
Well I found a solution to this was to place the svn.zip file in the '<CodeBlocks Install>\share\CodeBlocks' directory.

I also noticed if I opened a project that was currently under svn and did an update to the "HEAD" revision it deleted the file and then nothing. I don't know if this matters, but I am doing this on a flash drive. Sometimes things like that matter. I am going to try from a local disc later and I will get back to you.

Can you make it so that the svn.exe can be in the CodeBlocks install directory. I would like to make a custom installer and just include the needed files. It would be a great help.

I am excited to see the new version. :lol:

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 10:29:34 pm by RJP Computing »
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2005, 11:09:03 am »
Well I found a solution to this was to place the svn.zip file in the '<CodeBlocks Install>\share\CodeBlocks' directory.
Ah, that of course would be the case. Not that this is an excuse, but that is the case with any plugin coming with Code::Blocks (the compiler and debugger are smart enough to disable the compiler menu, but you can still fool the compiler by using the project manager). Added a check when the plugin is loaded.

I also noticed if I opened a project that was currently under svn and did an update to the "HEAD" revision it deleted the file and then nothing.
There is no reason for that which is obvious to me. The plugin does not touch your project files, neither does it ever delete one.
If you select "Update to HEAD", then it will change directory to the working copy, set a few necessary environment variables (SVN_SSH, for example), and invoke svn update -r head.

Can you make it so that the svn.exe can be in the CodeBlocks install directory. I would like to make a custom installer and just include the needed files. It would be a great help.
In the upcoming release, the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Code::Blocks\Code::Blocks v1.0\app_path is one of the search paths for the svn and cvs executables under Windows. Under Linux, executables are searched in /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, /opt/bin, and /bin.
If all fails, the plugin simply uses the tool's name and relies on the PATH variable on both platforms. So if svn is in your PATH, then it should always work.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2005, 03:07:53 pm »
I also noticed if I opened a project that was currently under svn and did an update to the "HEAD" revision it deleted the file and then nothing.
There is no reason for that which is obvious to me. The plugin does not touch your project files, neither does it ever delete one.
If you select "Update to HEAD", then it will change directory to the working copy, set a few necessary environment variables (SVN_SSH, for example), and invoke svn update -r head.

Well, the obvious reason that might happen would be that the file in question was deleted in the repository, so svn update removed it.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2005, 03:23:04 pm »
Well yes, but you'd think one remembers having done a svn delete, and it would show a big "D" in the output log, too ;)

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2005, 08:50:01 pm »
Well yes, but you'd think one remembers having done a svn delete, and it would show a big "D" in the output log, too ;)

One wouldn't necessarily remember a svn delete performed by someone else with write access to the repository. About the big "D" I wouldn't know (I currently use TortoiseSVN, not your plugin).

Offline kisoft

• Almost regular
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 03:55:33 pm »
Released 0.4.1 (both source and binary) today:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cb-svn

Great work!

This version have some troubles with C::B plugin manager.
I patch 2 files:

File: svn.h
Code
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
  {
#endif
    PLUGIN_EXPORT cbPlugin* GetPlugin();
#ifdef __cplusplus

};
#endif
was changed on:
Code
CB_DECLARE_PLUGIN();

File: svn.cpp
Code
cbPlugin* GetPlugin()
{
  return new SubversionPlugin;
}
was changed on:
Code
CB_IMPLEMENT_PLUGIN(SubversionPlugin);

Cool, it's work!  :D

C::B: CVS [20.10.2005], wx2.6.2, Win2000, TortoiseCVN

PS Testing to be continued..

wxWidgets: 2.8.12
CodeBlocks: Master github cbMakefileGen plugin:
https://github.com/kisoft/cbmakefilegen

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 04:32:35 pm »
Ah, this is new as of October 7, was not aware that there are now two CUMs for that, thanks for pointing out.
Will modify the source accordingly. :)

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2005, 02:27:57 pm »
Thomas,

Can you release your fixed version. It is dificult for me to build it because I am not setup to develope plugins. Thanks it is working great as long as you have both CVS and SVN installed.

Thanks.
- Ryan

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2005, 02:38:36 pm »
I have no other binary than the one that comes with RC2 myself at this time either, sorry.

Presently, I am splitting off CVS into a separate module for the 0.5 branch, so the code in each separate module will be cleaner and easier to manage (it is a pain to deal with a dozen special cases everywhere). The 0.5 branch does not compile yet, though. When the branch compiles without errors and does not immediately crash, I will merge it to the trunk and release that version. :)

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2005, 02:25:06 pm »
Ok sounds ok. What is the ETA on that. I am tring to get a group project going and I need good svn integration.

Thanks for all your hard work.
- Ryan

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2005, 04:50:10 pm »
Hopefully not longer than a week or so.

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2005, 05:16:35 pm »
Hi Thomas,

I updated to the latest cvs of C::B and now the latest svn plugin stopped working. Can you duplicate the same thing? Has there been any progress in the next release of the cb-svn plugin? Thanks. I really use this plugin a lot.
- Ryan

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2005, 05:45:36 pm »
Hi Thomas,

I updated to the latest cvs of C::B and now the latest svn plugin stopped working. Can you duplicate the same thing? Has there been any progress in the next release of the cb-svn plugin? Thanks. I really use this plugin a lot.

I'm not Thomas, but I do have the plugin working on my CVS codeblocks (+ some local modifications).
Attached is a patch for the current trunk that makes it work for meTM. Don't forget to edit the batch files to reflect your Code::Blocks CVS path.

[attachment deleted by admin]