Author Topic: Another Reason to try the Interpreted Languages plugin  (Read 17490 times)

mariocup

Re: Another Reason to try the Interpreted Languages plugin
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 01:04:30 am »
Thanks dmoore,

cool :D, I love this plugin, because I do not have to switch between different applications anymore and it is so powerful.

What about grouping the command list per interpreter in the context menu of file explorer?

Another question:
In the TortoiseSVN plugin post you wrote:
you can setup virtually the same thing for linux using my Interpreted Languages plugin to call the standard svn client:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6297.msg48252.html#msg48252
(of course you won't get Tortoise's pretty front end for commits, diffs etc)

As Tortoise can start GUI elements from the command line (see chapter Automating TortoiseSVN) using e.g.:
TortoiseProc.exe /command:update /path:"file1.txt"

this could be also used with the Interpreter Language, but I do not know if the quotes will cause a problem with the "$file" command. I am just trying to get it work with the interpreter plugin.

Where are the settings of the interpreter and command list entries saved?

As codeblocks supports personalities to save settings <personality>.conf and Pecan added it also for codesnippets <personality>.codesnippets.ini, it would be nice to have <personality>.interpreter.ini config file.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 01:29:47 am »
Thanks dmoore,

cool :D, I love this plugin, because I do not have to switch between different applications anymore and it is so powerful.

glad you like it. it's funny -- I'm still coming to grips with it myself and evolving it as new ideas flow. keep the requests coming.

What about grouping the command list per interpreter in the context menu of file explorer?

yeah, it will get messy with lots of commands, so I'll implement something like this.

In the TortoiseSVN plugin post you wrote:
you can setup virtually the same thing for linux using my Interpreted Languages plugin to call the standard svn client:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6297.msg48252.html#msg48252
(of course you won't get Tortoise's pretty front end for commits, diffs etc)

As Tortoise can start GUI elements from the command line (see chapter Automating TortoiseSVN) using e.g.:
TortoiseProc.exe /command:update /path:"file1.txt"

I didn't realize this. I've only used tortoise briefly. the quotes won't cause a problem for single files or directories because variable substituion isn't that complex (be warned though, single files and dirs currently use the dos-compatible "short "path version of their name, multiple path selections won't be enclosed in quotes and will break if there are spaces in the path)

Where are the settings of the interpreter and command list entries saved?

at the moment it is all stored in the main .conf file. I'll think about putting it in a separate ini file later.

BTW i noticed that the main cb images directory contains a bunch of SVN state images for files. I can use these images in the file explorer by parsing output from the svn stat command (I'll have to put tree expansion code in a separate thread so it doesn't block the main app -- ultimately I'll probably implement a file listener to track changes in directories and update the open nodes of the file explorer tree automatically).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 02:03:01 am by dmoore »

mariocup

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 08:28:56 am »
Hi,

the Project View has a context menu "Find File". With this entry you can search for a file and hitting return will open the file in CB. This is very useful, because you do not have to unfold all the folders just to open a specific file. I think it would be nice to have a find dialog for directories and files within the file explorer plugin that mark them as selected and will make navigation faster.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 01:37:24 pm »
I wrote the code to search for files that match a wildcard list several weeks back, but haven't written the GUI stuff yet as I couldn't decide the best way to present the results. Any thoughts?

On reflection, it might just be easiest to use the current wildcard filter option and just automatically expand all folders.