Author Topic: Latest build from the CBILplugin project  (Read 14879 times)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Latest build from the CBILplugin project
« on: July 07, 2007, 08:07:59 pm »
The plugins from Rev 61 of the cbilplugins project built with a patched CB that supports detachable/dockable editors pages, messages pages and project pages is available from here:
https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7745&release_id=13057
(win32 build only, sources available from the project page in my signature)

Release Notes

The self-extracting executable contains Code::Blocks, the CBIL plugins compiled for win32 using wxWidgets
 2.8.4 (dll included). Extract the file to your preferred directory and run codeblocks.exe

You can disable any of the plugins by starting codeblocks.exe and selecting Plugins->Management.
IntepretedLangs and Python Plugin settings are available from Settings->Environment

What's New?
* This version is a patched Code::blocks binary that supports detaching editors, manager pages or messages pages. Just right click on any tab and click detach. (to reattach right click on the tab and click reattach).
* The shell terminal control now hyperlinks filenames that appear as output (provided they exist in the local file system). Double clicking will open that file and (if possible) goto the appropriate line (the regex isn't very good at the moment, but it handles python error messages, and will open the files listed in an svn diff)

Main features
InterpetedLangs
* Customizable Command (Interpreter) Actions that can be issued from the interpreters menu or with context clicks in
Project Tree/File Explorer/Editor Pane. Customized actions support global/custom variable substitions,
working directory specification, command line args, dockable vs console running mode
* File Explorer - provides a view of the file system (it's a tab in the management window). Files can be filtered using a ; separated wildcard mask (e.g. *.cpp;*.h;*.py;makefile.*) and set a working file explorer directory using the combo box above the wildcard.
* Launch processes (or "Actions") with output piped to a tabbed "shells window" on Active Editor File/Project
Tree File or Multiple File Explorer Files or Directories. Run the processes using option "W" in the action string (to
run an interpreter in the cbconsole runnner use "C" in the action string). for example a python run action string
to run a script in a dockable winodw tab might look like
this: "Run;$interpeter -u $file;W;;" (the last two ; delimit settings for the working directory and (not
implemented) environment variable set)

Python Plugin (currently in a functional, though soon to be improved state)
* debug python files (includes a watch, breakpoints, toolbar and code navigation)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 03:53:10 am by dmoore »

mariocup

Re: Latest build from the CBILplugin project
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 12:00:08 am »
Hi dmoore,

the detach and reattach feature is really cool :D, great work dmoore. I hope that this patch will be included soon in the cb trunk.

As I am working on a documentation of codeblocks and its plugin, I will write also docu for this nice plugin. Is there already a documentation available for cbiplugin, if not I will start with the documentation of the plugin.

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:23:42 am »
your progress  is awesome  :D i would really like to see this in every nightly build  :)
keep it up

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 05:49:09 am »
thanks guys. keep using and report problems.

the detach and reattach feature is really cool :D, great work dmoore. I hope that this patch will be included soon in the cb trunk.

still has issues sadly. some pages don't like getting detached (e.g. project page and the start page). as far as getting the patch included in cb trunk, my impression is that some of the guys are a little uncomfortable with it because they don't want to maintain it (i.e. they want wxAUI to provide support for it out of the box, which it may eventually, perhaps the same day eclipse becomes a sleek, fast IDE :D ). bottom line: i suspect there is zero probability this feature will be part of the v1.0 release (which I completely understand despite finding the detachable feature very useful myself).

As I am working on a documentation of codeblocks and its plugin, I will write also docu for this nice plugin. Is there already a documentation available for cbiplugin, if not I will start with the documentation of the plugin.

i haven't written anything for the InterpretedLangs plugin yet (I wrote some brief stuff for the python plugin, which you can find in the project wiki, but even it is out of date). I would be happy even if you just make a start with some docs. I'll be glad to assist with any content.

Offline SamT

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 02:32:28 am »
Hi,

I got problem when upate 09 July build (4241). After remove InterpetedLangs.dll and PyPlug.dll, everything works fine. Do you encounter such issue on your system?

WinXP SP2, CB 4241

-----------------------------------

Error occured on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 at 07:31:49.

C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe caused an Access Violation at location 02cfccc0 in module C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll Reading from location 00000008.

Registers:
eax=000f067e ebx=000f067e ecx=7e41b96b edx=00000000 esi=00000000 edi=00000000
eip=02cfccc0 esp=0022eff0 ebp=0022eff8 iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=001b  ss=0023  ds=0023  es=0023  fs=003b  gs=0000             efl=00010246

Call stack:
02CFCCC0  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll:02CFCCC0  _ZNK15wxHashTableBase5DoGetEll
02DDF4AE  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll:02DDF4AE  _Z19wxFindWinFromHandlePv
02DDF876  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll:02DDF876  _ZNK8wxWindow24AdjustForLayoutDirectionEiii
02DDFBA7  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll:02DDFBA7  _ZN8wxWindow11SubclassWinEPv
02DE26D8  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll:02DE26D8  _ZN8wxWindow9MSWCreateEPKwS1_RK7wxPointRK6wxSizemm
02DE2824  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll:02DE2824  _ZN8wxWindow6CreateEPS_iRK7wxPointRK6wxSizelRK8wxString
02F2B66C  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll:02F2B66C  _ZN7wxPanel6CreateEP8wxWindowiRK7wxPointRK6wxSizelRK8wxString
02C59D39  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\share\codeblocks\plugins\PyPlugin.dll:02C59D39  _ZN16cbDebuggerPluginD1Ev
02C3E6ED  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\share\codeblocks\plugins\PyPlugin.dll:02C3E6ED
02C39F78  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\share\codeblocks\plugins\PyPlugin.dll:02C39F78
617DEA2D  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.dll:617DEA2D  _ZN8cbPlugin6AttachEv
618AFCA4  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.dll:618AFCA4  _ZN13PluginManager12AttachPluginEP8cbPlugin
618B85CB  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.dll:618B85CB  _ZN13PluginManager14LoadAllPluginsEv
0042AB0A  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:0042AB0A
004250C8  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:004250C8
00402575  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:00402575
00403C0F  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:00403C0F
004683A8  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:004683A8
6CC8E459  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CC8E459  _Z14wxUninitializev
6CD10ACC  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll:6CD10ACC  _Z7wxEntryP11HINSTANCE__S0_Pci
0040189C  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:0040189C
0046247A  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:0046247A
00401237  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:00401237
00401288  C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\codeblocks.exe:00401288
7C816FD7  C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll:7C816FD7  RegisterWaitForInputIdle

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 04:06:17 pm »
SamT:
I'm still on rev 4237, so I haven't tested against 4241.
What do you have to do to create the crash (just startup CB? move windows around?)
which platform are you on and which revision of the CBILplugin project are you using? (make sure you svn update to the latest version, because recent changes to CB required changes to all plugins)

Offline SamT

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 05:02:18 pm »
I download the latest nightly and extract into the same folder. The CB is crashed when startup. After remove the two DLL (InterpetedLangs.dll and PyPlug.dll), everything works OK.

I try to download the old nightly and follow the procedure as I did everyday. I found the CB is crashed during startup all the time if these two DLL are exist. Maybe only myself have this issue.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 05:07:16 pm »
Unfortunately, the official CB nightlies aren't compatible with my pre-built plugin binaries. I can't do anything about this until v1.0 is released EDIT: (or until nightlies are released with the cb sdk builtin). you either have to use my win32 builds, or compile everything from source yourself.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 05:33:34 pm by dmoore »

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 05:25:46 pm »
Hi Damien !

To solve this problem and make ThreadSearch plugin compatible with nightlies, I linked it directly with nightlly dlls instead of .a (libcodeblocks.a => codeblocks.dll in linker settings and so on for others).

Once it works, you can export and share it. Nevertheless, the exported plugin can't be used with SVN dev environment.

Dje

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 05:30:03 pm »
good point. thanks dje. I might try this next time I build the plugin (the only problem is it will still only work with a particular nightly build, which might create more questions than it answers)

(I also need to look into automating the build process as it is very tedious...)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 05:33:15 pm by dmoore »

Offline Albenejean

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 05:45:27 pm »
Hi.

Great work!!

But...
1)
_ Open a file not too long, not too short ( long enough, so that when you detach it you do not see the entire file, but short enough, so that when you drag it to the right of the editor you see it entirely).
_ Detach it.
_ Drag it to the right of the editor.
_ Drag it back to the middle.
The scroll bar don't come back, and there is a bug on the top of the window. You have to resize the editor.

2)
I really have problems when I drag a detached editor against the "open file" window or the "project" window.

I hope I was clear... I can post screenshots if you want.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 06:01:40 pm »
Hi Albenejean: Thanks for the report. because of my stupidity, there are issues with the current win32 build, especially when detaching the first page in each notebook. I have fixed most of these bugs and created a new patch and will apply it in my next build in a few days time.

Offline Albenejean

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 06:21:18 pm »
especially when detaching the first page in each notebook
Yes, these two bugs only occurs when detaching the first page.

The bug that SamT described concerns the first page too. Here is how you can reproduce it:
_ Launch CB
_ Load a project
_ Detach the first page
_ Close CB
**crash**

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 07:31:21 pm »
a CB crash on exit is almost guaranteed for floating (not docked) detached pages (I have a fix for this too)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 07:34:13 pm by dmoore »

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 01:57:50 am »
This build (Rev 67) should fix most of the issues:

http://prdownload.berlios.de/cbilplugin/CodeBlocks_rev4257_CBIL_rev67_with_detachable_note_pages.exe

Notes

This self-extracting executable contains Code::Blocks, the CBIL plugins compiled for win32 using wxWidgets
 2.8.4 (dll included). Extract the file to your preferred directory and run codeblocks.exe

You can disable any of the plugins by starting codeblocks.exe and selecting Plugins->Management.
IntepretedLangs and Python Plugin settings are available from Settings->Environment

What's New?
* Updated detachable windows patch. Expect fewer bugs and crashes. The default layout now saves the state of detached manager and messages pages.

Main features:
Patched Code::BLocks
* This build version is a patched Code::blocks binary that supports detaching editors, manager pages or messages pages. Just right click on any tab and click detach. (to reattach right click on the tab and click reattach).

InterpetedLangs:
* Customizable Interpeter Actions that can be issued from the interpreters menu or with context clicks in
Project Tree/File Explorer/Editor Pane. Customized actions support global/custom variable substitions,
working directory specification, command line args, dockable vs console running mode
* File Explorer - provides a view of the file system (it's a tab in the management window). Files can be filtered using a ; separated wildcard mask (e.g. *.cpp;*.h;*.py;makefile.*) and set a working file explorer directory using the combo box above the wildcard.
* Launch processes (or "Actions") with output piped to a tabbed "shells window" on Active Editor File/Project
Tree File or Multiple File Explorer Files or Directories. Run the processes using option "W" in the action string (to
run an interpreter in the cbconsole runnner use "C" in the action string). for example a python run action string
to run a script in a dockable winodw tab might look like
this: "Run;$interpeter -u $file;W;;" (the last two ; delimit settings for the working directory and (not
implemented) environment variable set)
* The shell terminal control hyperlinks to file that exist in the local file system. Double clicking will open that file in the cb editor and (if possible) goto the appropriate line (the regex isn't very good at the moment, but it handles python error messages)

Python Plugin:
* run python files with context clicks or from the Python menu
* debug python files (includes a watch, breakpoints, toolbar and code navigation)