Author Topic: ThreadSearch 0.7 release  (Read 49278 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: ThreadSearch 0.7 release
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2007, 11:14:10 pm »
I never saw that on my Ubuntu 6.10.
Maybe should I use a "real" size instead of wxDefaultSize...

EDIT : can you undock it and resize it ?

Dje

Here it is undocked and with the downArrow clicked.

Would you like me to change anything?

I put a debug statement as follow:
Code
bool ThreadSearch::BuildToolBar(wxToolBar* toolBar)
toolBar->Realize();
#if wxCHECK_VERSION(2, 8, 0)
toolBar->SetInitialSize();
#else
toolBar->SetBestFittingSize();
#endif

int x, y;
m_pCboSearchExpr->GetSize(&x,&y);
DBGLOG(wxT("ThreadSearch ToolBar Size[%d][%d]"), x, y);

and got the following result:

[17:03:45.742]: ThreadSearch ToolBar Size[100][25]

Is this a little small for a wxcombo box? I though 25 pixels is almost closed.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:23:51 am by Pecan »

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2007, 11:31:48 pm »
Hi !

I wrote a wiki page for the ThreadSearch plugin.

@Pecan
Thanks for project and for Linux investigation.
I'll try to see on my 6.10 tomorrow.

Bye  :)

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 11:16:21 am »
Hi all !

@dmoore
I realize that search in file isn't possible, but just left it in to show the possibilities (I did take out the more complex multiple file/directory targets, which sends a list of a space separated files and directories that the user selected before right clicking)
It is quite easy to manage a list of items instead of one directory. I'd choose a '*' instead of space for separator because '*' can't be used in paths and avoid problems with 'Program files' or others.

Technically, nothing seems really difficult but:
Once you right-clicked an item, how do you get search text ? Sould it activate window, fill the directory path, check directory search check box and set focus to combo to set the search text ?
I think it would be the best solution, so that user has less to do. Moreover, it let him choose the configuration he wants to use and we do not have to merge FindData with current one (I don't know if I would appreciate to have my settings altered by the file explorer contextual menu call).
What do you think about that ?

btw, it could have been something I did wrong, but I was getting a crash on exit (even without starting up a threadsearch)
I never had this problem. Could you be more precise on context ? Do you have any crash report ?

Dje

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 08:32:22 pm »
I realize that search in file isn't possible, but just left it in to show the possibilities (I did take out the more complex multiple file/directory targets, which sends a list of a space separated files and directories that the user selected before right clicking)
It is quite easy to manage a list of items instead of one directory. I'd choose a '*' instead of space for separator because '*' can't be used in paths and avoid problems with 'Program files' or others.

yeah i guess that will save putting the names in quotes. to handle this case, your buildmodulemenu should look like this:
Code
void InterpretedLangs::BuildModuleMenu(const ModuleType type, wxMenu* menu, const FileTreeData* data)
{
    if(type==mtUnknown) //Assuming file explorer -- fileexplorer fills the filetreedata with ftdkFile or ftdkFolder as "kind", the folder is the full path of the entry
    {
        if(data && data->GetKind()==FileTreeData::ftdkVirtualGroup) //right clicked on multiple selections in file explorer
       {
            wxString paths=data->GetFolder(); //get folder contains a space separated list of the files/directories
}

Technically, nothing seems really difficult but:
Once you right-clicked an item, how do you get search text ? Sould it activate window, fill the directory path, check directory search check box and set focus to combo to set the search text ?

yes, that is how I would do it.

btw, it could have been something I did wrong, but I was getting a crash on exit (even without starting up a threadsearch)
I never had this problem. Could you be more precise on context ? Do you have any crash report ?
Dje

hasn't happened since so most likely was something i was doing wrong. If it happens again I'll post the report.

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:54 pm »
since i've updated to ThreadSearch 0.7, the contextmenu item "find occurrences of"
isn't longer grouped with the codecompletion "find declaration / implementation" menu items.

see screenshot

any workaround known?

brgds, tiwag

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »
Hi Biplap !

I saw the problem a couple of time.

When building the plugin menu, I'm looking for the 'Find implementation of' item to insert the find occurrences just after. If not found, it is appended at the end.

Either pattern has changed or plugin method is called after.
I didn't try myself but did you try to unsinstall/reinstall it (or disable/enable it after patch) ?

Dje

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2007, 10:25:41 pm »
I didn't try myself but did you try to unsinstall/reinstall it (or disable/enable it after patch) ?
yes i tried that a couple of times, but it didn't change

brgds, tiwag

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007, 12:20:46 am »
found the reason, why it didn't work anymore

the plugins are loaded in the sequence as they are stored on the harddisk.
for some reason the threadsearch.dll was in the sequence before codecompletion.dll,
therefore at the time of loading threadsearch.dll there was no menu item 'Find implementation of'
existing, because codecompletion.dll wasn't loaded and the menu item got appended.

after manually removing and copying the plugins in the desired order, the menu items are grouped again.

suggestion: the plugin management setup should be extended in order to specify the sequence of plugins loading.

brgds, tiwag

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline pauliusz

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2007, 12:30:25 am »
suggestion: the plugin management setup should be extended in order to specify the sequence of plugins loading.

I don't agree. What will happen if CC plugin will be disabled?
I thing plugins shouldn't depend on other plugins...

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2007, 12:42:48 am »
... What will happen if CC plugin will be disabled? ...

nothing bad, all enabled plugins will load in the specified order.

normally there aren't any dependencies between plugins
but in special cases it's better to have the possibility to define the loading sequence
than gambling using the OS's file sequence on the harddisk.  :P

brgds, tiwag

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2007, 08:25:23 am »
Hi all !

... What will happen if CC plugin will be disabled? ...

nothing bad, all enabled plugins will load in the specified order.
normally there aren't any dependencies between plugins

All this is true. ThreadSearch is standalone and does not need code completion.
I chose to place the 'Find occurrences' item just below 'Find implementation' because I think it makes sense and would be more pleasant for user.

I think the wrong side of this idea is the implicit plugin dependency (with knowledge of it).
Another idea is to allow user to reorder contextual menu items in Editor settings  which is 'dependent safe'.

Dje

mariocup

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2007, 12:01:21 pm »
Hi dje,

I am testing Thread-Serach with CB SVN 4216 under linux and have the following strange behaviour.

1. I mark a text in the editor and put the string in the clipboard (Ctrl+C).
2. Then I go to the field for entering the search text in Thread Search Panel or Toolbar (cursor is blinking).
3. If the Ctrl-V shortcut is used, the text will be inserted in the editor instead of the thread search field (although the cursor is still blilnking).

I solved the problem. I forgot to rebuilt the ThreadSearch Plugin. :?

Bye,

Mario
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:18:56 pm by mariocup »

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2007, 01:27:31 pm »
Hi Mario !

It is a known issue that Pecan has solved in this post.
C::B systematically apply paste operation to active editor.

I'll integrate this patch in next release.

Thanks for reporting the bug, better twice than 0  :)

Dje

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2007, 06:26:34 pm »
It's a bug in the way CB main.cpp handles the clipboard/copy/paste events. It always thinks the paste is for the current editor even when the editor DOES NOT have the focus.

@Pecan: is there any reason not to post a patch to main.cpp onto berlios to fix this? The main editor window stealing all copy/paste requests is a bug IMO.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2007, 06:47:57 pm »
Another thing I noticed (on Windows):
If I have the ThreadSearch panel active (in foreground) and close C::B it will crash.
BTW: Did I miss a newer version? I saw you fixed quite some bugs but I see 0.7 here, only.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ