Author Topic: Another Reason to try the Interpreted Languages plugin  (Read 17487 times)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Another Reason to try the Interpreted Languages plugin
« on: June 27, 2007, 10:55:03 pm »
"Add to active project"

win32 build of CBIL Plugins Rev 49 and Code::Blocks rev 4188 and wx2.8.4 available here:
http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7745&release_id=13012

source from svn on the project page (see my sig). Documentation coming soon.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mariocup

Re: Another Reason to try the Interpreted Languages plugin
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 11:39:16 pm »
Hi dmoore,

I have tried the plugin and it is really cool. As I am working every day with the plugin I am missing two features:

Adding a bookmark list to directories to enhance switching between often used dirs.
A context menu to access CVS or Subversion.

Even if Tortoise is not a Cross platform solution, a integration of a version control system within a file browser would be the best solution (win32, linux). Is there a long term goal to integrate such functionality in the file browser.

Bye,

Mario

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:52:01 pm »
Nice one... will update in a minute.
In the meantime: Something I'm missing is a cleanup of the project files, namely:
- add custom variable "WX_CFG", leave it empty
- add custom variable "WX_SUFFIX", set it to "u"
- change the compiler include directory from "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll\mswu" to "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)\msw$(WX_SUFFIX)"
- change the linker include directory from "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll" to "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)"
- change the wx lib from: "wxmsw28u" to "wxmsw28$(WX_SUFFIX)"
- add a virtual target "All" and let it point to "default"
- (maybe) let the object output directory point to "$(#cb)\.objs\plugins\contrib\InterpretedLangs"

This would ensure compatibility with other contrib plugins... These are not really bug fixes.

With regards, Morten...
(...compiling now... ;-))

Edit: Done compiling - GREAT!!! WELL DONE!!! :-) :P
Hence Another thing I'm missing: For "critical" operations like delete, rename, move etc. I would like to see the file's name in question in the security question. Otherwise this not really is a helper... ;-)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:57:59 pm by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 12:05:17 am »
Adding a bookmark list to directories to enhance switching between often used dirs.

yes, this was down on my list, so I'll increase its priority.

A context menu to access CVS or Subversion.

Even if Tortoise is not a Cross platform solution, a integration of a version control system within a file browser would be the best solution (win32, linux). Is there a long term goal to integrate such functionality in the file browser.

I don't know whether this project will ever be a good CVS/Subversion solution, but even now you can setup simple "svn actions" such as add, remove, update, revert, stat that respond to context clicks in the file explorer/project manager and dump output to a shell window (or a console window, or simply launch the executable outside of a shell). I still need to offer a few more substitutions variables in the command lines to allow more complex actions (such as prompts for additional filenames, text strings, passwords before running a comand). EDIT: and I also need to do graceful things like save modified files, possibly close open files, and refresh the tree when done.

see attached image for an example of the settings (EDIT: don't mind the error in the "Stat" action from my lazy copy/paste)

If someone was really serious about working on CVS/Subversion type plugins that wanted they integrate with the FileExplorer, it could be easily setup as a shared dll. Someone already had the foresight to create file image types for the various version control states in the CB SDK.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:13:27 am by dmoore »

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 12:07:50 am »
Nice one... will update in a minute.
In the meantime: Something I'm missing is a cleanup of the project files, namely:
- add custom variable "WX_CFG", leave it empty
- add custom variable "WX_SUFFIX", set it to "u"
- change the compiler include directory from "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll\mswu" to "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)\msw$(WX_SUFFIX)"
- change the linker include directory from "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll" to "$(#wx.lib)\gcc_dll$(WX_CFG)"
- change the wx lib from: "wxmsw28u" to "wxmsw28$(WX_SUFFIX)"
- add a virtual target "All" and let it point to "default"
- (maybe) let the object output directory point to "$(#cb)\.objs\plugins\contrib\InterpretedLangs"

This would ensure compatibility with other contrib plugins... These are not really bug fixes.

appreciate the advice!

Hence Another thing I'm missing: For "critical" operations like delete, rename, move etc. I would like to see the file's name in question in the security question. Otherwise this not really is a helper... ;-)

yes, you are right. I might also use the annoying dialog class (if that's possible), so users can control how many warnings they receive. undo would also be nice, but not sure how feasible...

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:35:14 am »
and THANKS for the feedback from both of you. :)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 12:37:42 am »
btw, if things go wrong with your Interpreter Actions (or even if they don't go wrong) the code::blocks message log contains the full command line and the working directory.

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 11:36:28 am »
nice work - thanks !

will play with this plugin to get familiar with

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 03:43:37 pm »
Very nice.
Will the filebrowser be released as an own plugin :)?

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »
will this be added also to nightly builds?

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 06:08:26 pm »
Very nice.
Will the filebrowser be released as an own plugin :)?
yes, when I get around to it I'll optionally split it from the InterpretedLangs plugin. although it is fairly natural that the "Shell Extensions" accompany the file browser (i.e. in other words the interpretedlangs plugin is really nothing more than a bunch of tools to run shell commands -- I'm going to rename that interpreters menu to something more meaningful soon and optionally make it a sub-menu of the tools menu)

will this be added also to nightly builds?
don't know about that -- up to the chieftains. when 1.0 finally comes out you can count on it coming in easily installable binary form.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 06:12:54 pm »
BTW for anyone compiling my svn from source, I checked in a version that highlights "clickable" files in the output to the Shell Terminal controls. You can double click on an error message (or in fact any text that looks like filename and line#) in the Shell Terminal output and be taken to the line in the code that caused the problem (provided that regex correctly interpretes the output). I won't release the binary build until I allow the option to switch this feature off (it will cause slowdown if there's lots of text to parse)

mariocup

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 11:25:34 pm »
Hi dmoore,

I want to compare and merge different files using the interpreter plugin.

The file explorer already support the selection of different files using the Ctrl or Shift key.
So I added an diff interpreter (kdiff3 works fine under win32 and linux) and added

Run;$interpreter $file;;;

What I need is the list of files I have selected with Ctrl or Shift,
Run;$interpreter $files;;;

This features could be also helpful using cvs, svn diff the working copy with the repository and pipe it to a diff program.

I have a suggestion: In the toolbar menu interpreter the command list of an interpreter are in a submenu. In the context menu of the file explorer the command list of all interpreter are not grouped. Is it possible to have the same structure in context menu like the toolbar menu for the commands.

Bye,

Mario

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 12:38:40 am »
Hi Mario:

already implemented- use $mpaths (multiple paths - it doesn't distinguish between files or directories and there is no limit on how many you select - you will just have to remember to only click two files when you use it).

OH WAIT  :x... In a very recent SVN commit, I changed the ' ' separated list of paths to a '*' separated list - I think that might get sent to the command line (oops). I'll fix soon... If you are using an older version it should work ok, unless you have spaces in the paths (which is why I changed to the '*' separator).

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 12:43:46 am »
I just commited a one line quick fix to the SVN (untested)