Author Topic: how to find references  (Read 4243 times)

jdai

how to find references
« on: June 05, 2007, 03:24:18 am »
1. I think all modern editors must have this feature, give a function name then find all references of it. How can I do in CB?
First hour I use CB, I just want an editor can edit my cpp files from a huge project of 10000 files, I no need CB to build/debug, just want it pulls in all my files, able to find references when I need.
2. I feel a bit odd is that in project window I need to click on triangles rather than folder icon or folder name to expand a folder. Also, when I tried to pull in all my files it simply stuck w/o any hint. If I add one of my folder about 600 files then it is ok.
3. In the view menu, I can't check the Symbol browser, why?
Thanks for any comments!

Offline dje

• Lives here!
Re: how to find references
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:39:24 pm »
Hi !

I think all modern editors must have this feature, give a function name then find all references of it. How can I do in CB?

I've developped the ThreadSearch plugin; it looks like what you're looking for.
You may have a look at the release post and at this post that is similar to yours.
You can use this plugin with a right-click on any word and click on the 'Find occurrences' contextual menu item. The output in like the 'Search in files' one but there is an editor that is used to preview search results.

Dje