Author Topic: Want wxWidgets help cocuments  (Read 5984 times)

FreeSouth

Want wxWidgets help cocuments
« on: June 02, 2007, 06:12:45 am »
This documents (http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/stable/wx_contents.html) is very useful for all the wxWidgetser  , I am a beginner and want to know where can download it as a package?  Thank you ....

PS :Sorry for my poor English ~~~~~~
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:15:17 am by FreeSouth »

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Want wxWidgets help cocuments
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 09:31:25 am »
here Look for documentation.
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:05:25 am »
You also may want to have a look at Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets.

Offline SamT

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:33:09 am »
If you install wxwidgets (msw)package, you will find the document in the subfolder.
for example: C:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\docs\htmlhelp\wx.chm

On the other hand, you might interested in the book "Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets" http://cnwxwidgets.googlepages.com/wxwidgets_frame.html

FreeSouth

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 12:00:51 pm »
Xie Xie mispunt , SamT and raph ,   ps: Xie Xie means thanks @_@

FreeSouth

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 06:38:27 pm »
You also may want to have a look at Cross-Platform GUI Programming with wxWidgets.

I can't download it from this link,,,,,,,Do it have another link?

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 07:34:37 pm »
It is a book that you should buy, not to download. Of course it is possible to download it somewhere, but it is based on wx2.6.x
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 08:24:18 pm »
Downloading that book is absolutely legal, but you surely may want to buy it, which makes reading more comfortable  :D.
I got the link from wikipedia.
@FreeSouth: Url is working for me.

Regards
raph

FreeSouth

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:39:40 am »
It is a book that you should buy, not to download. Of course it is possible to download it somewhere, but it is based on wx2.6.x
I am sure that I want to buy it , but I don't know how to buy it ~~~
This book can't be found in my country easily, and I can download it and print as a book also.

FreeSouth

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 04:48:02 am »
Downloading that book is absolutely legal, but you surely may want to buy it, which makes reading more comfortable  :D.
I got the link from wikipedia.
@FreeSouth: Url is working for me.

Regards
raph
The link is very slowly and it stop when the progress arrive at 45% many times~~ 

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:44 pm »
Quote from: mispunt

raph has already commented it, but i would like to add that this book is edited as part of the Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference (phptr.com, just the site from where the download is available), inside the Bruce Perens' Open Source Series. This, and all the other titles included there (most of them also available for downloading), are under the open source license, so they are legal to copy, modify, and redistribute. The electronic versions of the books are placed on the web a few months after the print versions hit stores, and there is no legal issue with downloading these e-books.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 12:14:52 am »
I must admit, I didn't know that :) Thanks for the information