Author Topic: The 31 May 2007 build will NOT be out.  (Read 24059 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 31 May 2007 build will NOT be out.
« on: May 31, 2007, 05:12:04 pm »
still issued on berlios not solved.

We will become the most patient people on earth ;-)

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
Re: The 31 May 2007 build will NOT be out.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:11:41 pm »
After a week you should start considering maybe a plan B.  Either that or we head over to BurlyAss and break some knee caps.

Offline kelo81

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:31:37 pm »
What the berlios people said about this?
Ezequiel Ruiz
Tango/04 consultant
www.tango04.com

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:41:44 pm »
What the berlios people said about this?
They are silent (on holiday?!). Bug is reported (many times, by other groups, too) but no response so far.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline saddam le pion

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 11:41:57 pm »
After a week you should start considering maybe a plan B.

Plan B for Berlios

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 12:11:56 am »
Hey, would this be a good time to suggest an weekly build instead of an nightly build?
Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline zerotri

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 12:36:18 am »
just a few quick questions.
1) when I compile Code::Blocks from SVN, it gives me an error asking for "wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll" instead of "wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll" is there a way to change this? I saw nothing mentioned in the Nightly Cookbook, so I didn't know if it was a new change. Maybe there's some special way I need to compile wxWidgets?

2) when I run the compiled Code::Blocks build, it says it's at revision '0'...so how does one fix that issue? Is there a special way I need to compile Code::Blocks? Again, I didn't see anything about this in the Nightly Cookbook, but I realize it's not quite up-to-date.

Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks,
-Wynter Woods(aka Zerotri)

Offline Deschamps

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 01:00:08 am »
Quote from: zerotri
1) when I compile Code::Blocks from SVN, it gives me an error asking for "wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll" instead of "wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll" is there a way to change this?

When you link your compiled source, you do it against your own built wxMSW libraries. So, you could try to build wxMSW with another VENDOR different than "custom" ("e.g. "cb"), but this has no sense because the program still would be looking for your wxMSW build, not the downloaded C::B one, i think. But when you have built C::B from sources, then you don't need the previous Nightly downloaded (that than you used for your C::B build) nor the wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll library, and could delete them, and use you own.

2) when I run the compiled Code::Blocks build, it says it's at revision '0'...so how does one fix that issue? Is there a special way I need to compile Code::Blocks?

If you have updated your svn source correctly, and have built from the C::B workspace, and after that have run the batch (update.bat), and are running the executable inside /output folder (or wherever you have copied that folder)... then i suppose you should see the correct revision. So I can't help you, sorry.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline i25ffz

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 03:23:38 am »
just a few quick questions.
1) when I compile Code::Blocks from SVN, it gives me an error asking for "wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll" instead of "wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll" is there a way to change this? I saw nothing mentioned in the Nightly Cookbook, so I didn't know if it was a new change. Maybe there's some special way I need to compile wxWidgets?

2) when I run the compiled Code::Blocks build, it says it's at revision '0'...so how does one fix that issue? Is there a special way I need to compile Code::Blocks? Again, I didn't see anything about this in the Nightly Cookbook, but I realize it's not quite up-to-date.

Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks,
-Wynter Woods(aka Zerotri)

About item 1, you need rebuild your wxWidgets with commands as follow:
SET PATH=C:\Mingw\mingw32\bin;C:\MinGW\bin
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 USE_ODBC=1 USE_OPENGL=1 clean
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1 USE_ODBC=1 USE_OPENGL=1

For item 2, you need download svn client program, visit page: http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html or http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91(windows), and download svn client zip file, and upzip them to a dir, add the dir\bin to you path env variable, source at src\build_tools\autorevision\autorevision.cpp, you can see a line:
string svncmd("svn info --xml --non-interactive ");
if you can run this command at DOS mode, then you will get the svn version and date.

[Edited by mandrav: removed VENDOR=cb because it is not suggested]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 08:43:25 am by mandrav »

Offline kurapix

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 07:27:28 am »
Here is the 4028 SVN build (wxWidgets 2.8.4) :
download

Change log (since 3989 build of the 23rd May) :
* Added: Detection code to detect Turbo C++ Explorer's compiler.
* Updated Win32GUI wizard to generate proper project for Borland compiler.
* Added CR to clipboard when exporting compiler messages on Win32 (Patch #2018 by Rick)
* Removed signed/unsigned warnings from various dialogs (Patch #2018 by Rick)
* Fixed: Compilation warning on use of uninitialized variable (on behalf of mandrav)
* Fix for huge editor settings dialog under wx2.8.4.
* Fixed: Project file option dialog not placed at centre.
* Fixed: [Bug #11174] Font Interim Settings Lost
* Implemented Feature Request #3327: Double click target executes it.
* Fixed: [Bug #11195] Editor Settings can't be changed or it crash.
* Applied: [Patch #2021] Fix glitch with Find in Files search results failing to open (In modified form)
* Now debugging options would not be active if project has a compiling target. (build 4000 ;) )
* Removed warning message from editor configuration dialog
 * Fixed: [Bug #11193] The .cbp is incorrectly named at project creation (Linux)
* fix static lib target name construction :
- @ CompilerCommandGenerator::SetupOutputFilenames : take into account the yes/no of auto pre/post (it was always considered to be auto which is incorrect)
- @ CompileTargetBase::GenerateTargetFilename : don't just replace extension in case of auto post by '.a', use the extension from the compiler option, and when there's no compiler then fallback to the hardcoded '.a'
- CompileTargetBase::GetTargetFilenameGenerationPolicy : pointer args replaced by references (no need to check the pointer for 0 then)
* Remaining portion of fix of [Bug #11193]
* Reverted: Fix of Bug# 10992
* in case of open project on the 'start here page', set the filter directly to cbp files, and do NOT update the 'type of files' [== do NOT update the Filters in this case : (source) file <-----> project (file) ]
wxSmith: Applied patch #2024: wxSmith: MenuEditor loosing variable and member state made by raph
CodeSnippets 1.2.76 2007/05/29
- Fixed: Not saving xml changes before "recently used" load
- Show filename base as root item label
- Verify:If external snippets, plgn *shouldnt* save conf OR xml on exit
- Ok: saves done by OnClose SnippetsWindow & Tree routines
- Fix "Apply" menu item, misspelled __WX...__ preprocessor
* Fixed: Project directory not added in project wizard (Bug introduced in rev 4002)
* Wrapped Linux hack for scripted wizard introduced in Rev 4004.
wxSmith: Added detection of modal dialogs which prevents few artifacts on editor
wxSmith: Fixed bug #10678: Changes of variabe names not directly shown in resource tree
wxSmithContribItems: Fixed bugs in wxCustomButton so it is now enabled in list of contrib items
wxSmith: Changed int to size_t in wxsCoder to prevent compiler warnings (suggested by MortenMacFly)
wxSmith: Image files now have 32 or 16 suffix depending on resolution (previously 32 suffix was skipped)
wxSmith: Temporarily removed wxChart from Makefiles (it just made some unreferenced symbols), added
wxCustomButton
wxSmithContribItems: Finally found the bug causing undefined symbols: typo inside #pragma interface. That proves that #pragma interface / #pragma implementation may only cause problems (GCC can work without them for a long time now) and should not be used if not necessary
* Missing headers
* war against (returned?!?!) macros
* (hopefully) fixed broken linux build caused by r4018
- additional macro removement (to be continued)
* - another fix for the compilation error on linux (hopefully the final one)
* added support for PHP in HTML lexer (thanks dmoore)
* WinAVR compiler support added
- adding the files
* Fixed: Wizard.GetProjectTitle() should now work properly according to new changes made in ProjectPathPanel.
* Fixed: [Bug #11214] No cursor on Fine-in-files when no file open
* added (completed) PHP and VBScript lexer, thanks dmoore
- removed remaining wx26 artefacts from project files
- fixed some signed/unsingned compiler warnings
KeyBinder 1.0.34 2007/05/31
- Re-enabled dynamic merge eliminating consideration of duplicates
- Corrected MortonMcFly's causing errors on msw wx2.8.4, Martin, please tell me when you want to change the code.
wxSmith: Fixed bug in long string properties (multiline editor was not shown)
Fixed wxSmith extensions in RegExTestbed plugin

Huge isn't it?

;)

Kurapix
Code::Blocks package building script

Offline Deschamps

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 11:03:58 am »
For those Windows users waiting for a recent nightly build...

Here you'll find a Code::Blocks svn rev.4028 (including all contrib-plugins). Moreover, the zipped package includes the last build for the nice open-source gui builder wxFormBuilder (svn rev.1106), both linked against a shared monolithic unicode wxMSW-2.8.4 (also included). You will need 7-zip for unzip the file:

CB_wxFB_4028_windows.7z

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline darthdespotism

• Almost regular
    • Coder's Nemesis
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 03:12:44 pm »

For item 2, you need download svn client program, visit page: http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html or http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91(windows), and download svn client zip file, and upzip them to a dir, add the dir\bin to you path env variable, source at src\build_tools\autorevision\autorevision.cpp, you can see a line:
string svncmd("svn info --xml --non-interactive ");
if you can run this command at DOS mode, then you will get the svn version and date.

Thanks that helped me solving it on my Linux box, thought there would be an svn installed with kdesvn

With the new wx2.4.8 - Builds (latest is rev 4031) there are some issues with the Project-Wizzard. Here the Window is too small and here not the full box is shown.
NOTE that I did not resized the 1680x1050-screenshoots as interpolating them does not reduce filesize but grow it and after resizing without interpolation it is sometimes hard to see it right.

Offline kingfox

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 05:10:34 am »
When I compiled C::B rev 4041 using C::B rev3988, it gave me many error message such as:
mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DTIXML_USE_STL -DCB_PRECOMP -DWX_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -march=pentium3 -W -pg -g -ID:\DEVLIB\wxWidgets\include -ID:\DEVLIB\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Iinclude\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\propgrid\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\scripting\bindings -Iinclude\scripting\include -Iinclude\scripting\sqplus -Iinclude\wxFlatNotebook\include -ID:\MinGW\include -ID:\DOWNLOAD\DEVELOP\IDE\CodeBlocks\source\src\sdk\scripting\bindings -ID:\DOWNLOAD\DEVELOP\IDE\CodeBlocks\source\src -c D:\DOWNLOAD\DEVELOP\IDE\CodeBlocks\source\src\sdk\scripting\bindings\sc_consts.cpp -o .objs\sdk\scripting\bindings\sc_consts.o

include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h: In instantiation of 'void SqPlus::validateConstantType(T) [with T = int]':
include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:414: instantiated from 'void SqPlus::BindConstant(SquirrelObject&, T, const SQChar*) [with T = int]'
include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:433: instantiated from 'void SqPlus::BindConstant(T, const SQChar*) [with T = int]'

... ...

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -g -pipe -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -DHAVE_W32API_H -D__WXMSW__ -DWXUSINGDLL -DcbDEBUG -DTIXML_USE_STL -DCB_PRECOMP -DWX_PRECOMP -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DEXPORT_LIB -DEXPORT_EVENTS -march=pentium3 -W -pg -g -ID:\DEVLIB\wxWidgets\include -ID:\DEVLIB\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\mswu -Iinclude\wxscintilla\include -Iinclude\propgrid\include -Iinclude\tinyxml -Iinclude -Iinclude\scripting\bindings -Iinclude\scripting\include -Iinclude\scripting\sqplus -Iinclude\wxFlatNotebook\include -ID:\MinGW\include -ID:\DOWNLOAD\DEVELOP\IDE\CodeBlocks\source\src\sdk\scripting\bindings -ID:\DOWNLOAD\DEVELOP\IDE\CodeBlocks\source\src -c D:\DOWNLOAD\DEVELOP\IDE\CodeBlocks\source\src\sdk\scripting\bindings\sc_io.cpp -o .objs\sdk\scripting\bindings\sc_io.o

include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h: In instantiation of 'void SqPlus::validateConstantType(T) [with T = bool]':
include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:414: instantiated from 'void SqPlus::BindConstant(SquirrelObject&, T, const SQChar*) [with T = bool]'
include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:433: instantiated from 'void SqPlus::BindConstant(T, const SQChar*) [with T = bool]'

... ...
maybe each file useing sqplus.h will cause above error.

I add d:\mingw\bin and d:\mingw\mingw32\bin into PATH. I use follow command to compile wxWidgets:
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1  clean
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1
 What should I do?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 05:36:23 am »
@kingfox

Are you sure it was an error and NOT an warning?

What version of minGW GCC?
And, what version of wxWidgets?

Note: See Thread http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,6050.0.html
 It seems to be the fixing of this problem.

Edit: C::B SVN 3942 seems to work OK, when using minGW GCC 3.4.5.
(Code snippet compile/link issue went away without my patches applied; will look at my patches for cause later.)

Edit: I am downloading C::B 3988 to see if it is the cause.

Tim S
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:19:25 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline kingfox

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 06:13:39 am »
@stahta01

Thank you. I'm not sure whether they are error or warning. Because the color of these message is red, so I think they are some error message.

The strange thing is: when I recompile C::B without clean the previous compiled output, there isn't any error! But when I run the output executable file, it crashed. I don't know why. So I cleaned all the compiled output files and try to compile it again.

BTW: I'm using mingw gcc 4.1.2 and wxwidgets 2.8.3.