Author Topic: A little bit of marketing...  (Read 8830 times)

Anonymous

A little bit of marketing...
« on: January 08, 2005, 11:53:46 pm »
Dear Yiannis!

Don't you think you should do a little bit of marketing for your project? I think that there is a lot of developers who will help you with codeblocks.

There is a good place to put info about this IDE: wxWidgets mailing list  
comp.soft-sys.wxwindows

There is a lot of posts with [ANN] text in subject regarding new programs connected with wxWidgets. Your IDE should also be known over there...   :)

Best Regards
Aarti

Pilu

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 08:21:03 pm »
I think so too, this IDE is very well done, and I think it may get widespread, if only it was easier to find. I had myself troubles in finding it back on google because i had lost the link.

spam a little on approriate forums, and this IDE may attract a wide range of ppl.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 09:22:24 am »
Don't worry, we just have to have a usable version 1.0 (probably with a mingw bundle) and then post the news on Slashdot ;-)

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 11:02:25 am »
Quote from: rickg22
Don't worry, we just have to have a usable version 1.0 (probably with a mingw bundle) and then post the news on Slashdot ;-)

If I recall correctly, this site is hosted on a dsl line of a friend of mandrav's. If so, it probably wouldn't last 5 seconds when slashdotted. Especially as it is a dynamic site.
If anybody does slashdot it, either wait until it has more bandwidth, or donate a higher-bandwidth site.
(and don't forget to link to the sourceforge page in the article just in case ;))

freevcpp

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 08:59:02 pm »
Hello,this is great.
I wanted an ordinary IDE without fancy stuff.
And to use it with Free Visual Toolkit.
This is great for fast prototyping coding.
Thank you.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 07:57:32 pm »
Yiannis, I think you should post the announcements at SourceForge. You haven't done so since beta6 i think. And I just noticed that announcements are sitewide, so ALL sourceforge users would see. Why don't you post an announcement on the release of final-beta?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 08:12:25 pm »
Why don't you post an announcement on the release of final-beta?

Because, err, I forgot?  :oops:
Too many things I have to do for every new release. I think I must keep a checklist :p

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...