Author Topic: The 21 May 2007 build is out.  (Read 39820 times)

Online killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 21 May 2007 build is out.
« on: May 21, 2007, 05:41:31 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx284.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

The 21 May 2007 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070521_rev3977_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070521_rev3977_Ubuntu6.10+7.04.deb
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070521_rev3977_suse100-102.i586.rpm (not yet)
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070521_rev3977_fc4+5.i586.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed: [Bug #11134] last chosen file type not remembered on 'new file'
  • Fixed: [Bug #11121] bugs with openwatcom 1.6 linker
  • Improved: Generation of OpenWatcom Linker (wlink.exe) parameters

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:06:46 pm by killerbot »

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
Re: The 21 May 2007 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:22:16 pm »
Ubuntu 6.10 & 7.04 Amd64 .deb installer can be found here.

[Edit] : For this rev, I've made both wx263 and wx284 .deb package. Not sure I'll do it every times, but I'll try  :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 08:56:32 pm by Xaviou »
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 08:23:14 pm »
Ubuntu .deb package for Edgy (6.10) and/or Feisty (7.04) built using wxWidgets 2.8.4 available here.

You'll need to install the package for wxWidgets 2.8.4 thusly:

Open /etc/apt/sources.list in your favorite text editor.

Add the repository for your distro to your /etc/apt/sources.list
Code
deb http://apt.tt-solutions.com/ubuntu/ edgy main
or
Code
deb http://apt.tt-solutions.com/ubuntu/ feisty main

Save the file and close your editor.

Add the key:
Code
wget http://www.tt-solutions.com/vz/key.asc
Code
sudo apt-key add key.asc

Update your sources file and then upgrade:
Code
sudo apt-get update
Code
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Set wxWidgets to 2.8.4
Code
sudo update-alternatives --config wx-config
Select the number for the gtk 2.8.4 version and hit Enter.

You should now be set to go.

cstudent

wxLearner

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 08:50:09 pm »
Hello, I've uploaded a portable version here.
Thank you MVP for the space! :D
It contains the same libraries as this one, but it has the new boost-1.34.0 and the new wxWidgets-2.8.4.
I'm also uploading the slightly patched source (including compiled binaries), so you can use a SVN client like RapidSVN and add the source folder as an existing repository to make updating and improving your portable version possible. When the upload of the prebuilt source code will be ready (in about 50 minutes), I will post a link here.

The source code (prebuilt), of this Code::Blocks version can be found here.

Thank you, dear Code::Blocks team, for the best IDE ever :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 09:46:56 pm by wxLearner »

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 08:54:49 pm »
Since a while, after a build on Ubuntu feisty wx2.8.4, I got the following error when running C::B:
ERROR: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmithcontribitems.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)
Did you have any idea where this error come from ?

thanks,

pasgui

MVP

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 09:34:32 pm »
Thank you MVP for the space! :D
It contains the same libraries as this one, but it has the new boost-1.34.0 and the new wxWidgets-2.8.4.
I'm also uploading the slightly patched source (including compiled binaries), so you can use a SVN client like RapidSVN and add the source folder as an existing repository to make updating and improving your portable version possible. When the upload of the prebuilt source code will be ready (in about 50 minutes), I will post a link here.

Awesome thanks for the update! :D

XenThraL

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 12:12:53 am »
Hi there
Just wanted to thank the developers, fantastic IDE, thanks!

on 2 bugs:
also getting the
"ERROR: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmithcontribitems.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)"
running Ubuntu Feisty 7.04
downloaded cstudent's .deb...

and also, on the Management tab
it doesn't seem to remember anymore the position of the tabs, it used to - never use the resources tab so I always kept the symbols one next to the projects, now it resets

Again, thanks for the great IDE, and thanks cstudent for the helpful page/compiles :)

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 12:21:59 am »
Hi all!

"ERROR: /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmithcontribitems.so: not loaded (missing symbols?)"

I have the same error on Ubuntu 6.10 amd64 with my ".deb", but only with the one linked to wx284. I don't have this error when linked to wx263
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline codeur

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 01:07:05 am »
Hello, I've uploaded a portable version [here.

This contribution is very much appreciated, wxLearner, and thanks also for making the code of the portable version available...
   Brilliant!

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 01:33:11 am »
Hi all!

I have the same error on Ubuntu 6.10 amd64 with my ".deb", but only with the one linked to wx284. I don't have this error when linked to wx263

Are you positive it compiles with wx263, I sometimes get compile error on that project using wxWidgets 2.6.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 02:06:50 am »
Hi all!

Are you positive it compiles with wx263, I sometimes get compile error on that project using wxWidgets 2.6.

Tim S

I can confirm what Xaviou has said. I get same results in Ubuntu 32bit. No error with wx2.6.3 but the error shows up under wx2.8.4.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 09:22:21 am »

Confirmed. I'll look into it today. Strange it looks like wx 2.8.4 causes this to happen. But after I've checked what's the missing symbol, it's some internal data of wxChartCtrl  :?

Thanks for reporting

BYO

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 11:40:34 am »
@Byo
i have this probleme
Code
Scanning for plugins in /usr/share/codeblocks/plugins...
ERROR: Plugin resource not found: libwxsmithlib.zip
svn 3981 Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 wxwidgets2.6.3

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 05:09:26 pm »
PsYhlo:

I had the same problem with the build. Already filed it as Bug #11144.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 06:05:32 pm »
@Byo
i have this probleme
Code
Scanning for plugins in /usr/share/codeblocks/plugins...
ERROR: Plugin resource not found: libwxsmithlib.zip
svn 3981 Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 wxwidgets2.6.3

[sudo] rm /usr/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmithlib.*

PsYhlo:

Currently it's not a bug, it is what's left after some other bug and there's no option to fix this automatically (even make uninstall won't remove bogus plugins/libwxsmithlib.la because it's not in makefiles after removing that previous bug ;)).

It won't happen when you compile on fresh OS without C::B installed before.

Regards
   BYO

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 06:07:59 pm »
That's not the same problem. Rick: You still have old plugin DLL's in your C::B plugin folder. Notice that these plugin have been renamed as:
debuggergdb --> debugger
compilergcc --> compiler
pluginwizard --> scriptedwizard.
Thus you only need to cleanup your C::B folder. I've closed the bug report accordingly.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 06:15:34 pm »
Ugh, does that mean i have to reinstall the sourcecode and compile from scratch? :(

OK then.  :lol:

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 06:24:41 pm »
No no no, I hope, you haven't done it. Anyway, it won't fix the libwxsmithlib.zip problem (and other presented here).

The easiest way is to completily remove c::b from system just before make install because there are some rubbish left causing this bug. Since make uninstall won't be usefull here too, it should be done manually.

BYO

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 06:53:05 pm »
i exited cb normally, then started it again and it asked me to select compiler..WTF??? all my settings was removed... the only luck i had a copy of them because i was copying codeblocks to another computer(with settings from "documents and settings") however when i replaced settings with my saved ones and exited again, all was ok... im afraid to use codeblocks sometimes lol

Offline Roman

BUG?
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 08:56:29 pm »
Hi there!

The "debugging windows" button on debug panel does not work for me. The "Debug/debugging windows" menu entry works.
21 may win32 build

Regards
Roman

[attachment deleted by admin]
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »
The "debugging windows" button on debug panel does not work for me. The "Debug/debugging windows" menu entry works.
21 may win32 build

Are you using wx-2.8.3 runtime dll? This issue has been fixed with wx 2.8.4 runtime dll.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Roman

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 09:15:49 pm »
Thx
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)

Online killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 09:47:25 pm »
No no no, I hope, you haven't done it. Anyway, it won't fix the libwxsmithlib.zip problem (and other presented here).

The easiest way is to completily remove c::b from system just before make install because there are some rubbish left causing this bug. Since make uninstall won't be usefull here too, it should be done manually.

BYO
can you tell us which part we should manually delete ??

otherwise it means getting sources fresh from svn ??

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 10:15:08 pm »

BYO
can you tell us which part we should manually delete ??

otherwise it means getting sources fresh from svn ??

No, it's not about invalid sources but about files installed on system during make install. Sources are OK.

In some buggy revision, make install installed   /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmithlib.la / .so, but it should be put into /usr/local/lib/libwxsmithlib.la / .so.

Now makefiles are correct, so while make install libwxsmithlib.so is put into right location, but the old one (in  plugins directory) may still exists and that one should be removed.

Refetching source tree and rebuilding won't help here because that incorrect file will still be in directory  where plugins are put after instalation.

Code
rm /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins/libwxsmithlib.*
- that should fix this issue, but just to prevent such bugs for other plugins it could be better to
Code
rm -rf /usr/local/share/codeblocks
just before make install so that all shared C::B stuff is deleted with all rubbish that could be accidentially put there.

Hope that this is clear  :)

BYO

Online killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 10:32:22 pm »
thx byo, very clear. Problem solved for me ;-)

that remove all could be very interesting indeed just before make install : @Yiannis : what do you think ?

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 11:17:01 pm »

Confirmed. I'll look into it today. Strange it looks like wx 2.8.4 causes this to happen. But after I've checked what's the missing symbol, it's some internal data of wxChartCtrl  :?

Thanks for reporting

BYO

Jay, that's a nightmare :x. Missing symbol is _ZVT16wxPieChartPoints or _ZVT18wxBar3DChartPoints and surely many others would fit here, I don't know how it's choosen.

Because of _ZVT prefix I conclude that it's missing virtual funciton table. But since classes are correct (otherwise it woudn't compile ANY time), those tables should be fine  :? anybody has any experience with this stuff ? Maybe it's GCC's bug ?

Anyone

jmanson

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 05:37:15 am »
Hello, I have Installed the Debian package on Feisty 7.04 and am trying to use the Digital Mars D compiler on the default D application project. However, Code::Blocks is unable to find my compiler although it is installed. The error message is as follows. I tried to find the settings for the compiler, but was unable to confirm what executable CB is trying to run.

"cbtest - Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

jmanson

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 05:50:27 am »
I got it working. Sorry for bothering you all.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 09:04:59 am »
that remove all could be very interesting indeed just before make install : @Yiannis : what do you think ?

Unfortunately there are not many things we can do about it...

Jay, that's a nightmare :x. Missing symbol is _ZVT16wxPieChartPoints or _ZVT18wxBar3DChartPoints and surely many others would fit here, I don't know how it's choosen.

Because of _ZVT prefix I conclude that it's missing virtual funciton table. But since classes are correct (otherwise it woudn't compile ANY time), those tables should be fine  :? anybody has any experience with this stuff ? Maybe it's GCC's bug ?

The problem is not that it's about a virtual function but probably because of the size of the arguments (sizeof)...
I don't have the time to look into it atm but check what args these functions take. If the number of args is different between versions or the args themselves are different, then this could be the problem.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Miq

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 02:45:50 pm »
Thank you MVP for the space! :D ...
@wxLearner: do you see any possibility you could that excellent job again, this time with a more recent gcc? I'd rather like 4.2 in there... ;)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
The problem is not that it's about a virtual function but probably because of the size of the arguments (sizeof)...
I don't have the time to look into it atm but check what args these functions take. If the number of args is different between versions or the args themselves are different, then this could be the problem.

Hmm, but wxPieChartPoints and wxBar3DChartPoints are names of classes, not functions. And the problem is not any particular virtual function but virtual table.

I'll try to preprocess the source and see what's generated since some badly named macro could be responsible for this.

Regards
   BYO

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 01:20:02 am »

Hmm, but wxPieChartPoints and wxBar3DChartPoints are names of classes, not functions. And the problem is not any particular virtual function but virtual table.

I'll try to preprocess the source and see what's generated since some badly named macro could be responsible for this.

Regards
   BYO

Ok, found the reason, it took me almost a week of searching :? The reason: typo in filename used inside #pragma interface directive. I don't know why it triggered now, probably some flag set by wx2.8. Conclusion: do not use #pragma interface / #pragma implementation directives. AFAIK it was needed by GCC 2 so it it really useless now and may cause only problems.

Regards
   BYO

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 03:03:32 am »
#pragma interface / #pragma implementation? Really, you shouldn't use those. That's the reason the exporter plugin wasn't loading on Linux (because the PDF library had those).

So, that was the reason wxSmith had problems loading the other shared objects on Linux?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 07:57:01 am »
Ok, found the reason, it took me almost a week of searching :? The reason: typo in filename used inside #pragma interface directive.
Right... happened to me, too and took me hours of searching as well! I hate those #pragma stuff. It's just pointless.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 10:08:59 am »
#pragma interface / #pragma implementation? Really, you shouldn't use those. That's the reason the exporter plugin wasn't loading on Linux (because the PDF library had those).

So, that was the reason wxSmith had problems loading the other shared objects on Linux?

Yup, I don't use them in my code. But wxSmithContribItems uses some external sources (like wxChart) still having those #pragmas. Next time I'll just remove them right after adding into plugin ;)

Anyway, it's good to know this kind of problems since it may happen in future.

Regards
  BYO