Author Topic: Build problems with wxW2.8.4  (Read 16683 times)

Offline patlecat

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Build problems with wxW2.8.4
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 06:47:29 pm »
I compiled in UNICODE.

The setup for wxW is not really user friendly in CB I must say, I'm kinda disapointed :(

AHHHH finally it compiles and runs!!!  :D
Goddamnit that was such an annoying thing to fix!!!

Thank you very much for your help and patience Tim, that was fantastic (thumbsup)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 06:53:43 pm by patlecat »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 06:54:14 pm »
I compiled in UNICODE.

The setup for wxW is not really user friendly in CB I must say, I'm kinda disapointed :(

It is getting more friendly all the time, the major problem is clearly written user documentation.

Tim

For Multi Unicode, Change wxmsw28 to wxmsw28u_core and add wxbase28u
Note, more libs may need to be added based on each project requirement.

To change libs look at
Project -> Build Options
Change "Compiler Settings" to "Linker Settings"
The libraries should be under "Link Libraries" add them one per row.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline patlecat

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 07:01:23 pm »
ok now the release build runs fine.

but now i can't debug. it builds but i wanted to see if i can step through the program. and now it gives me this error:
Mismatch between the program and library build version detected.
And there it says that I use the debug version of the wxW-Lib but my program is not compiled as debug...?

Code
-------------- Build: Debug in wixTest ---------------
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -Winvalid-pch -include wx_pch.h -DWX_PRECOMP -Wall -Wall -g
-march=athlon-xp -O3 -W -pg -g -D_UNICODE -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\contrib\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\include
-IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\contrib\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -Ih:\MinGW\include -c H:\myProjects2\wixTest\wx_pch.h -o
wx_pch.h.gch\Debug_wx_pch_h_gch
cc1plus.exe: warning: H:\myProjects2\wixTest\wx_pch.h.gch/Release_wx_pch_h_gch: created and used with differing settings of '-m3dnow'
mingw32-g++.exe -pipe -mthreads -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -Winvalid-pch -include wx_pch.h -DWX_PRECOMP -Wall -Wall -g
-march=athlon-xp -O3 -W -pg -g -D_UNICODE -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\contrib\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\include
-IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\contrib\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -Ih:\MinGW\include -c H:\myProjects2\wixTest\wixTestApp.cpp -o
obj\Debug\wixTestApp.o
cc1plus.exe: warning: ./wx_pch.h.gch/Debug_wx_pch_h_gch: not used because `GCP_USEKERNING' not defined
-IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\contrib\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -Ih:\MinGW\include -c H:\myProjects2\wixTest\wixTestMain.cpp -o
obj\Debug\wixTestMain.o
cc1plus.exe: warning: ./wx_pch.h.gch/Debug_wx_pch_h_gch: not used because `GCP_USEKERNING' not defined
H:\myProjects2\wixTest\wixTestMain.cpp:59: warning: unused parameter 'event'
H:\myProjects2\wixTest\wixTestMain.cpp:64: warning: unused parameter 'event'
H:\myProjects2\wixTest\wixTestMain.cpp:69: warning: unused parameter 'event'
windres.exe -i H:\MYPROJ~1\wixTest\resource.rc -J rc -o obj\Debug\resource.res -O coff -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\include -Ih:\MinGW\include
-IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\contrib\include -IH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -Ih:\MinGW\include -c H:\myProjects2\wixTest\GUIDialog.cpp -o
obj\Debug\GUIDialog.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LH:\wxWidgets-2.8.4\lib\gcc_lib -Lh:\MinGW\lib -o bin\Debug\wixTest.exe obj\Debug\wixTestApp.o obj\Debug\wixTestMain.o
obj\Debug\GUIDialog.o obj\Debug\resource.res -s -pg -lgmon -lwxmsw28ud_core -lwxbase28ud -lwxpngd -lwxjpegd -lwxtiffd -lwxzlibd -lkernel32
-luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lcomctl32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 -mwindows
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:08:29 pm by patlecat »

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 07:05:22 pm »

Did you use C::B's built-in features at all?? :shock:

C::B's wizard is good enough to start wxWidgets programming. It supports most of possible wx configurations. You didn't use that / used wrong settings which resulted in Compilation and Linking failure.

My request, Please don't blame C::B.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 07:12:08 pm »
ok now the release build runs fine.

but now i can't debug. it builds but i wanted to see if i can step through the program. and now it gives me this error:
Mismatch between the program and library build version detected.
And there it says that I use the debug version of the wxW-Lib but my program is not compiled as debug...?

__WXDEBUG__  defined in debug mode, undefined in release mode.

Verify that you defined __WXDEBUG__ in Code::Blocks for the Debug Target.

"Compiler Setting" Tab "#defines" make sure the proper target is selected in left hand window.
Tim S
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:14:26 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline patlecat

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 07:15:12 pm »
Okay Tim I created a new project from scratch, now that all my settings are correct and now that I know what I'm supposed to do it really works. I take it back, the wizard works well and even the debug EXE runs now without any runtime errors. Now I have to check if and how I can step through my code.

But I agree with you, the documentation is not up the features and quality of CB. Yet it would be nice to have an automatic config for the wxW-Lib.