Author Topic: Code::Blocks doesn't compile on Ubuntu Linux with wx 2.5  (Read 54453 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks doesn't compile on Ubuntu Linux with wx 2.5
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 07:25:36 pm »
wxdockit isn't present in version 1.0. It seems you need to delete your codeblocks sources (and devel and output) directory and restart from scratch.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 07:40:52 pm »
I've just downloaded the source package and get these errors when doing make -f Makefile.unix :

Linking executable devel/codeblocks.exe...
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `CustomVars::~CustomVars [in-charge]()'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `CustomVars::Load(wxString const&)'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `VarsArray::operator=(VarsArray const&)'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `VarsArray::VarsArray[in-charge](VarsArray const&)'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `CustomVars::Add(wxString const&, wxString const&)'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `CustomVars::CustomVars[in-charge]()'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `ExternalDepsDlg::~ExternalDepsDlg [in-charge]()'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `ExternalDepsDlg::ExternalDepsDlg[in-charge](wxWindow*, cbProject*, ProjectBuildTarget*)'
devel/libcodeblocks.so: undefined reference to `CustomVars::Save(wxString const&)'
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Erreur 1

Please use "make -f Makefile.unix clean" and then "make -f Makefile.unix"

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Funto

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 08:44:06 pm »
wxdockit isn't present in version 1.0. It seems you need to delete your codeblocks sources (and devel and output) directory and restart from scratch.
But I had already started from scratch...

1) I downloaded the last source archive from the site
2) I did a make -f Makefile.unix

I've just tried to do the make -f Makefile.unix clean as you asked me to but, of course, it gives the same results...

And I don't understand how it would be able to compile, since, there is no wxDockit provided and since the Makefile.unix never talks about wxDockit...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 08:50:33 pm »

And I don't understand how it would be able to compile, since, there is no wxDockit provided and since the Makefile.unix never talks about wxDockit...
That's the point: the stable branch, VERSION_1_0, does not use wxDockit. This is only in HEAD...
That's why we told you to delete the directory and start from scratch. It seems you have mixed various versions (CVS-HEAD, CVS-VERSION_1_0, source package).

Yiannis.
Be patient!

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 08:58:21 pm »
Anyway, the source code tarball (which was broken yesterday) is already on the website. If you don't want to mess with CVS stuff, just untar the file on a new directory and do the make.

Offline Funto

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2005, 12:28:29 am »
That's the point: the stable branch, VERSION_1_0, does not use wxDockit. This is only in HEAD...
Ok, this explains why I couldn't find any wxDockit ^^

It seems you have mixed various versions (CVS-HEAD, CVS-VERSION_1_0, source package).
But I didn't...I promise you that I've downloaded the source package and run make -f Makefile.unix, and I get these errors. Am I the only one who gets these errors???

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2005, 01:35:57 am »
You could do a grep for the offending lines in the sourcecode, and publish the snips here to shock everyone. Then we can compare with our own versions.

Offline Funto

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2005, 03:13:29 am »
I don't really understand what you mean, and I don't know how to use grep... :oops:

However, I FINALLY got something working : in fact, the file Makefile.unix is NOT up to date; I added the references to sdk/customvars.cpp/.h and sdk/externaldepsdlg.cpp/.h to this *unredeable* Makefile and finally got libcodeblocks.so compiled with some definitions which were missing, and which prevented codeblocks.exe to compile.

So I got codeblocks.exe, but as for the following, libastyle.so doesn't compile because of a missing rule concerning customvars.cpp (in fact there are 2 different customvars.cpp files !)...

Well, I copied the libcodeblocks.so file to /usr/lib and created a CodeBlocks folder with a "share" directory, containing what was in my Win32 installation and finally Code::Blocks launches ! But of course the project templates are those for Win32...etc.
It's not a valuable installation ^^

I think the problem is that you forgot to regenerate the Makefile.unix file from the Code::Blocks project...

So please update this so that Linux users can test it :)

Offline Funto

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 03:20:35 am »
I know somebody else who is trying to compile with Mandriva/wxGTK 2.4 ANSi and he gets the same errors ^^

This confirms that the Makefile.unix is not up to date in my opinion ^^

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2005, 04:26:39 am »
Oh no! :(

Anyway. When you manage to compile, do this:

* Open the codeblocks project under linux.
* Generate the makefile with Codeblocks (I just hope THAT's how Yiannis managed to generate the makefile).
* Upload it here

Ta-da! :)

Offline Funto

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 08:21:03 am »
There are 2 issues with what you are talking about :
-1st, my Code::Blocks install is really primitive, in so far as I don't have any plugins : I think that's why I can't generate the Makefile, and that's why I can't compile from C::B itself.
-2ndly, it seems that the UNIX C::B project isn't up do date either : when I look into Sources->sdk, I can't see customvars.cpp for example, which is one of the files I had to add manually. This is right for the unix-wx2.6 project too :( And when I try to open the Windows project C::B crashes...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 08:35:35 am »
hmmmmmmmm
Then it seems we'll have to wait for Yiannis to release an updated makefile.unix

or we could ask any of us users to generate one from cvs VERSION_1_0. Anyone?

knue

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 09:46:41 pm »
the Makefile.unix does not contain information for
sdk/customvars.h
sdk/customvars.cpp

sdk/externaldepsdlg.h
sdk/externaldepsdlg.cpp

I am currently trieng to fix this

knue

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2005, 10:27:18 pm »
yeah it worx:

I attached the makefile.

Remember to do this:

# dos2unix -n update update.unix
# chmod +x update.unix
# ./update.unix

start with:
# cd output
# ./run.sh

enjoy

PS:
Cuz the file is greater than 128 kb I had to compress it but i am not allowed to post *.tar.gz-files. So I added the .txt
Just rename and extract

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 10:33:01 pm »
Try this makefile (rename it to Makefile.tgz). This should be in the source package. If it's not, my bad, sorry.

[EDIT]
Hey knue, thanks for doing the same thing :)
[/EDIT]

Yiannis.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be patient!