Author Topic: The 15 May 2007 build will NOT be out.  (Read 15675 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 15 May 2007 build will NOT be out.
« on: May 15, 2007, 05:28:02 pm »
no core commits

jorge_andrade20

Re: The 15 May 2007 build will NOT be out.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:24:03 am »
The last good Linux build was on the 12th, are we letting it go for some reason? I noticed a certain air of frustration from killerbot as far the development of this code, it's pretty sad.

Offline kurapix

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:41:09 am »
You shouldn't complain since the developpers are working really hard for C::B ;) .

It takes some time to compile builds! For me it takes 10-15 minutes with a Pentium M 1.73 Ghz with Ubuntu 7.04 .
If you want an Ubuntu package make it yourself : debuild -us -uc (we don't have to create the makefile it has already been done by mandrav, I'll study how to make them in some weeks).
I won't build any Ubuntu 7.04 builds until I finish my exams (say no Ubuntu 7.04 build until June beginning) because it takes time to svn update, compile, check a little bit the package, upload it.
So if someone could make Ubuntu 7.04 i386 builds for the users it would be great ^^ .

Thank you.

Kurapix
Code::Blocks package building script

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:40:21 am »
we are still rolling as strong as before, don't worry ...

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 08:08:42 am »
So if someone could make Ubuntu 7.04 i386 builds for the users it would be great ^^ .

I build CB Ubuntu 7.04 i386 nearly every svn update but I don't know where to upload it for others. Could you advice me ?

pasgui

Offline kurapix

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 08:23:37 am »
@killerbot : Yeah I don't doubt, you guys rocks a lot more than before ;) , continue the great work guys, C::B is really becoming nicer and nicer ;) .

@pasgui : Personnaly I advise you : Save File which is the greatest free file hosting I know.
You don't have to wait to download.
No wait to upload.
No time limit for the files.
Unlike so many others like RapidShare, MegaUpload, ...
I don't know if it's possible to make donation but when I'll be able to (when I'll be major) I'll try to give some bucks to C::B and Save File.

Kurapix
Code::Blocks package building script

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 12:25:03 pm »
I build the Ubuntu6.xx.deb for Codeblocks. A new build wasn't available for a little over a week because I was gone on vacation. I also use Ubuntu 7.04 personally, so I build a Feisty deb and offer it periodically here. The one currently uploaded is a week or so old, but I'll upload a new build when the next revision is announced. Probably today or tomorrow.

Offline Deschamps

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 02:51:58 pm »
I don't want to be controversial and also don't criticize the current policy for nightly builds, but i think that it's wrong, and would be far better to change this line offering Weekly builds.

Why that? Most of us are downloading and building our own build from svn for different platforms. And already can see ourselves the changes, fixes, advances and new features introduced. And for those waiting for a binary build, a weekly update would let them to see more progress in every update, and for sure this would permit to find more bugs, due to a little more long "useful life" for each build and would improve C::B image itself. And of course, this policy (weekly builds) will allow those people building binaries for different plattforms a little more relax, reducing pressure. The current situations seems a bit stressful.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 03:58:38 pm »
It's just a word. For Mac OS X, the builds are actually more Monthly than Nightly.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:46:17 pm »
I did a full build from bootstrap in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) today, and encountered quite a few errors due to missing includes.

System details:
Ubuntu Linux 7.04 32-bit
wxGTK 2.8.1
GCC 4.1.2
Code::Blocks SVN head (r3967)

Build steps:
Code
./bootstrap
./configure --enable-contrib --disable-pch
make
sudo make install

The greatest number of errors were due to wxImageList not being defined (fixed by including wx/imaglist.h). Two were due to wxFrame being forward-declared but not fully defined, and thus being unable to upcast from wxFrame* to wxWindow* (fixed by including wx/frame.h). Several others were due to various other wxWidgets classes being undefined, and were fixed by including the appropriate headers. Finally, wxsgrid.cpp and wxsgrid.h were mistakenly added to the Makefile.am in wxSmith's "wxwidgets" directory, instead of "wxwidgets/defitems" where the files actually reside (fixed by removing them from the Makefile.am in wxwidgets and adding them to the Makefile.am in wxwidgets/defitems).

Attached is a patch of the modifications I made in order to compile successfully.

Although compilation was successful, the build is unusable as mentioned by other wxGTK 2.8.0/2.8.1 users.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:48:39 pm by TDragon »
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

jorge_andrade20

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 06:45:34 pm »
You shouldn't complain since the developpers are working really hard for C::B ;) .

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to figure out the flow here, as killerbot stated: we are still rolling as strong as before, don't worry ...
I truly believe him, the only problem is that it seems that there's a new nightly build available for Windows almost everyday and Linux is lagging behind (somewhat) and then somebody else talked about Mac OS, of course you guys can see that I'm new to all this so (due to the number of posts I have) but either way, I was very impressed with C::B from the beginning and that's why I'm sticking with it, I just wish I knew how to build the nightly for Ubuntu 7.04, everytime I try "updating" mine with somebody's version I get an error message stating that my version is newer, I probably have to search the forums for an answer, so you guys can ignore this part. Thanks Killerbot and all the developers for this solid-super-duper-kick-ass program called Code::blocks!!!!!   :lol:

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 07:02:37 pm »
Finally, wxsgrid.cpp and wxsgrid.h were mistakenly added to the Makefile.am in wxSmith's "wxwidgets" directory, instead of "wxwidgets/defitems" where the files actually reside (fixed by removing them from the Makefile.am in wxwidgets and adding them to the Makefile.am in wxwidgets/defitems).

Sorry for that, I've aded this late in the night ;)

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 07:27:08 pm »
@jorge

What Linux build are you using?

As I said before, I build the Ubuntu deb. The reasons there is not a new deb everyday, is because sometimes they won't build because the developers haven't gotten the Linux code updated yet. Other days I'll skip building one because the change log doesn't really show anything that would affect Linux. Other delays are because I work full time and I'm about 8 hours behind the developers time.

If you are using the Ubuntu deb, I would be interested in seeing exactly what the "newer version" error says.

jorge_andrade20

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 04:35:45 am »
@cstudent
I'm using Ubuntu Fiesty 7.04 and my version of C::B is the SVN 3960 (built by Killerbot for Ubuntu 6.xx) of May-12th.
First of all, when I start C::B I get the following message:
Mailcap file /home/ubuntu/.mailcap, line 1: incomplete entry ignored.
I click OK and C::B then loads normally.
Now, I had a previous version of C::B from like February and when I went to the postings of May-12 and downloaded the version for 7.04 built by Cyberslayer, I opened it with the default Package Installer and I got the following error message:
Error: A later version is already installed.
Which I knew not to be true because my version was from February!! I even tried earlier May versions and always got the same error message, it only worked when I ran the package for Ubuntu 6.xx which I don't understand why, any input on this is greatly appreciated.

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 12:48:43 pm »
@cstudent
I'm using Ubuntu Fiesty 7.04 and my version of C::B is the SVN 3960 (built by Killerbot for Ubuntu 6.xx) of May-12th.
First of all, when I start C::B I get the following message:
Now, I had a previous version of C::B from like February and when I went to the postings of May-12 and downloaded the version for 7.04 built by Cyberslayer, I opened it with the default Package Installer and I got the following error message:
Error: A later version is already installed.
Which I knew not to be true because my version was from February!! I even tried earlier May versions and always got the same error message, it only worked when I ran the package for Ubuntu 6.xx which I don't understand why, any input on this is greatly appreciated.

Actually, I am the one who builds 6.xx and uploads it to Berlios. Killerbot then moves it into the proper download directory. Anyway, the .mailcap error I have no clue. I have that file in my home directory, but the only things in it reference Realplayer. Besides that, I build the debs in a jailed environment which has no user accounts, so the mailcap file doesn't exist there. As for the "later" error. A few weeks ago I started building my debs so that the revision number would be included in the package version number. Meaning that the version went from svn1.0 to svn1.0-3960. This is why you got the error. Just un-install Codeblocks and then install the new package you want. You can use Synaptic or from the command line:

Code
sudo dpkg -r codeblocks

Volgovod

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 01:58:02 pm »
Is it bug:
Settings -> Environment... -> View -> "Settings Icon Size" group disabled on Ubuntu 7.04, but enabled on Windows XP SP2.

Offline Fasser

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 04:25:05 pm »
when I start C::B I get the following message:

This may be unrelated to C::B itself. Some weeks ago I found a bug in Debian gnumeric package that included a malformed line into /etc/mailcap, and made every wx app cry with that error message. Check your file for malformed entries.

And to C::B crew: you rock! Awesome work!