Author Topic: Using wxWidgets with Code::Blocks  (Read 3722 times)

Offline bfr

• Multiple posting newcomer
Using wxWidgets with Code::Blocks
« on: May 13, 2007, 02:25:46 am »
Could I use this to get wxWidgets 2.8.3 to work with Code::Blocks?

Offline Deschamps

Re: Using wxWidgets with Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 02:31:31 am »
Yes. At least, the way wxWidgets v2.6.2 compiles from sources with MinGW hasn't changed in the current 2.8.3.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline bfr

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 03:47:39 am »
Thanks.  I compiled wxWidgets successfully, but I still am unable to create a wxWidgets project.  I have wxWidgets 2.8.3 installed to C:\wxWidgets-2.8.3 and I am using the May 12th nightly build of Code::Blocks.  When I select the wxWidgets template when starting a new project, after a few menus, when I get to the one that has the "wxWidgets Library Settings" and "Miscellaneous Settings" and try to press Next, I get "A matching Debug ocnfiguration cannot be found in the wxWidgets directory you specified.  This means that the Debug target of your project will not build.  Are you sure you want to continue with these settings?"  What's wrong?  I entered in C:\wxWidgets-2.8.3 for the directory, which should be correct....

EDIT:  I got it working, thanks to wxPack. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:35:27 am by bfr »

Offline Deschamps

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 03:35:43 pm »
This happens probably because you have built only a "release" version for your wxWidgets libraries, and then C::B wizard is not able to locate the debug ones. If you want compile adding debug info into your developments, you'll need to build a debug version for wxWidgets, too (adding a BUILD=debug option when you use mingw32-make).

But if you don't need debug versions, simply uncheck that option in the wizard' targets.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music