Author Topic: Turbo Debugger Support planned?  (Read 4599 times)

Andi78

Turbo Debugger Support planned?
« on: May 07, 2007, 10:10:43 am »
Hi!

I'm still using the old Borland C++ 5.5 compiler (BCC55) because it's very fast. I was happy to see that CodeBlocks supports this compiler. I'm not able to debug, though... Is it possible to add the turbo debugger manually or is it planned to be added? Or can you use GDB together with the Borland Compiler?

Thanks in advance!

Andi

Offline Roman

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Turbo Debugger Support planned?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 02:51:04 pm »
Don't know about TD,
but what You mean by
it's very fast
?

Regards
Roman
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 07:25:23 pm »
I'd suppose that by "it's very fast" he means that it's very fast compiling and linking, whereas gcc, for example, is very, very, very, very slow, specially for C++ code. That's what happens when they focus more in quality code (especially optimizations) instead of a fast compilation time :wink:

Offline lubos

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 07:29:52 pm »
i personaly dont mind that few seconds  :shock:

Offline Roman

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 05:39:50 pm »
they focus more in quality code (especially optimizations) instead of a fast compilation time :wink:
Yes, It is. But MS compiler reaches both targets. It is robust at compiling and its code is much faster than MinGW's (don't know how it is under *xes). Just a stupid fact: MinGW's FPU code is 3 times slower than CL's because of the unnecessary fld/fstp pairs. Surprising behavior of a mature compiler.

By the way, does someone know how much people develop GCC? What is the financical support for their activity? Would be interesting to know.

Regards,
Roman
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)