Author Topic: problems with the compiled wxwidgets and code blocks.  (Read 16452 times)

parrimin

Re: problems with the compiled wxwidgets and code blocks.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 12:51:28 pm »
Ufff, I can´t compile the samples as you say. There are so many errors. Im doing something in the bad way.
I´ve been trying to make run this (codeblocks with wxWidgets) for 3 days! I cant understand how is it so difficult to make running ok the basis to start programming...
I have read this:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Compiling_wxWidgets_2.6.2_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29#Compiling_Code::Blocks
I can see in that tutorial, that they are compiling codeblocks to finish.. :shock: I compiled wxWidgets, but not codeblocks, is this a step i have to do? But they say open the project Codeblocks.cbp, but... there isn´t such a file in my computer.
Although, i tried to draw frames with wxSmith, and they are not compiling. These are the errors:
:: === wxSmith, Release ===
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x470):: undefined reference to `jpeg_resync_to_restart'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x4e9):: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x53a):: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x5b4):: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateDecompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x5d7):: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_header'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x603):: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_decompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x642):: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_decompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x64a):: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x6ed):: undefined reference to `jpeg_read_scanlines'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x849):: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_decompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x851):: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_decompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0xa57):: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0xab8):: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_compress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0xb47):: undefined reference to `jpeg_CreateCompress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0xba5):: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_defaults'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0xc92):: undefined reference to `jpeg_set_quality'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0xfa7):: undefined reference to `jpeg_start_compress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x100c):: undefined reference to `jpeg_write_scanlines'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x1038):: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_compress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagjpeg.o):imagjpeg.cpp:(.text+0x1046):: undefined reference to `jpeg_destroy_compress'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x50a):: undefined reference to `TIFFClientOpen'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x56a):: undefined reference to `TIFFClientOpen'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x69b):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetWarningHandler'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x6a7):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetErrorHandler'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x9db):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetWarningHandler'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x9e7):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetErrorHandler'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xba8):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetDirectory'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xbbe):: undefined reference to `TIFFClose'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xc1b):: undefined reference to `TIFFGetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xc33):: undefined reference to `TIFFGetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xc47):: undefined reference to `_TIFFmalloc'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xc94):: undefined reference to `_TIFFfree'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xd19):: undefined reference to `TIFFReadRGBAImage'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xd2f):: undefined reference to `_TIFFfree'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xe37):: undefined reference to `_TIFFfree'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xe3f):: undefined reference to `TIFFClose'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xed4):: undefined reference to `TIFFReadDirectory'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xee1):: undefined reference to `TIFFClose'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xf93):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xfb4):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xfd5):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0xff0):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x1010):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x142a):: undefined reference to `TIFFScanlineSize'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x1458):: undefined reference to `TIFFScanlineSize'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x1460):: undefined reference to `_TIFFmalloc'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x148c):: undefined reference to `TIFFDefaultStripSize'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x14a7):: undefined reference to `TIFFSetField'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x157f):: undefined reference to `TIFFWriteScanline'
D:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_lib\libwxmsw28u_core.a(corelib_imagtiff.o):imagtiff.cpp:(.text+0x18f8):: undefined reference to `TIFFClose'
:: More errors follow but not being shown.
:: Edit the max errors limit in compiler options...
:: === Build finished: 50 errors, 0 warnings ===

Can anybody explain what am I doing wrong?
I`m grateful for your help, Biplab and stahta01, but I'm on the point of giving up...
But, it´s annoying not to be able to make this! I need to see this running please! :lol:

parrimin

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 01:09:17 pm »
Hey, I solved all the errors. When finishing the new project wizard, you have to select all the libraries. Now I only have one error compiling the wxSmith project. It says:
ld.exe:: cannot find -lwxmsw28u_dbgrid
:: === Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===

I have searched in google, but there is no post?!

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 03:38:15 pm »
Hey, I solved all the errors. When finishing the new project wizard, you have to select all the libraries. Now I only have one error compiling the wxSmith project. It says:
ld.exe:: cannot find -lwxmsw28u_dbgrid
:: === Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===

I have searched in google, but there is no post?!

If I recall correctly, dbgrid is not compiled by default, un-check it and see if it works.
The other option is to compile it while building wxWidgets.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org