Author Topic: rev3910 does not build (for Mac OSX)  (Read 7241 times)

bnilsson

rev3910 does not build (for Mac OSX)
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:40:11 pm »
Two problems:

codesnippets.cpp: In member function 'int CodeSnippets::LaunchProcess(const wxString&, const wxString&)':
codesnippets.cpp:1198: error: 'DebugLog' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [codesnippets.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

editorconfigurationdlg.cpp: In member function 'void EditorConfigurationDlg::UpdateSampleFont(bool)':
editorconfigurationdlg.cpp:477: error: no matching function for call to 'wxFontDialog::wxFontDialog(EditorConfigurationDlg* const, wxFontData*)'
/Users/bnilsson/include/wx-2.8/wx/mac/carbon/fontdlg.h:47: note: candidates are: wxFontDialog::wxFontDialog(const wxFontDialog&)
/Users/bnilsson/include/wx-2.8/wx/mac/carbon/fontdlg.h:36: note:                 wxFontDialog::wxFontDialog(wxWindow*, const wxFontData&)
/Users/bnilsson/include/wx-2.8/wx/mac/carbon/fontdlg.h:35: note:                 wxFontDialog::wxFontDialog()
make[3]: *** [editorconfigurationdlg.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I did bootstrap,
./configure --enable-contrib --with-wx-config=$HOME/bin/wx-config --prefix=$HOME
make clean,
make clean-zipfiles,
make

Any suggestions?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: rev3910 does not build (for Mac OSX)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:26:28 pm »
Two problems:

codesnippets.cpp: In member function 'int CodeSnippets::LaunchProcess(const wxString&, const wxString&)':
codesnippets.cpp:1198: error: 'DebugLog' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [codesnippets.lo] Error 1

Change "DebugLog" to "Manager::Get()->GetMessageManager()->DebugLog" and see if it plays better.

bnilsson

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:46:41 am »
"Manager::Get()->GetMessageManager()->DebugLog" fixed the codesnippets error, thanks.
The editorconfigurationdlg.cpp problem remains.

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 02:29:17 am »
editorconfigurationdlg.cpp:477: error: no matching function for call to 'wxFontDialog::wxFontDialog(EditorConfigurationDlg* const, wxFontData*)'
candidates are:
/Users/bnilsson/include/wx-2.8/wx/mac/carbon/fontdlg.h:36: note:                 wxFontDialog::wxFontDialog(wxWindow*, const wxFontData&)

the error message says it - it wants a reference but it is given a pointer. i think this was changed btween wx 2.6 and 2.8. just use a * to make the pointer a reference and that should build

DragonSt0rm

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 04:47:38 am »
Compilling issues also in Mandriva Spring 2007 with the same version:

sc_wxtypes.cpp: In function 'SQInteger ScriptBindings::wxArrayString_Index(SQVM*)':
sc_wxtypes.cpp:141: error: no matching function for call to 'wxString::wc_str()'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:888: note: candidates are: const wxWCharBuffer wxString::wc_str(const wxMBConv&) const
make[4]: *** [sc_wxtypes.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/.../codeblocks/trunk/src/sdk/scripting/bindings'

This happen both using wx-2.8 and 2.6, both with and without --disable-pch in ./configure

In 2.6 by commenting out the precomp include, undefining CB_PRECOMP by hand and defining an unicode flags I saw in wx/string.h
this file compile. But bombs out later in editormanager.cpp and others.

Did anyone else tried to compile it on Mandriva ?

bnilsson

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 12:17:56 pm »
I replaced

wxFontDialog dlg(this, &data); with wxFontDialog dlg(this, data);

and editorconfigurationdlg.cpp compiled ok.

Remaining problems:
*** Warning: Linking the shared library libwxsmithlib.la against the
*** static library /Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a is not portable!
Should wxWidgets be installed as static or shared? Or should CB be configured with --disable-shared if wxWidgets is static?

libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libiconv.la' seems to be moved
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libiconv.la' seems to be moved
Is this important? I am using Macports automake tools at /opt/local , is a mixup between the /usr versions serious?

And now this:
Extracting /Users/bnilsson/cb/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith/wxwidgets/.libs/libwxsmith_wxwidgets.a
(cd .libs/libwxsmithlib.lax/libwxsmith_wxwidgets.a && ar x /Users/bnilsson/cb/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith/wxwidgets/.libs/libwxsmith_wxwidgets.a)
g++ -dynamiclib -single_module ${wl}-flat_namespace ${wl}-undefined ${wl}suppress -o .libs/libwxsmithlib.0.0.1.dylib  .libs/wxsadvqpp.o .libs/wxsadvqppchild.o .libs/wxscoder.o .libs/wxscodinglang.o .libs/wxseditor.o .libs/wxsextresmanager.o .libs/wxsgui.o .libs/wxsguifactory.o .libs/wxsmith.o .libs/wxsmithmime.o .libs/wxsproject.o .libs/wxsresource.o .libs/wxsresourcefactory.o .libs/wxsresourcetree.o .libs/wxsresourcetreeitemdata.o .libs/wxsstoringsplitterwindow.o .libs/wxsversionconverter.o .libs/wxssettings.o .libs/wxsautoresourcetreeimage.o  .libs/libwxsmithlib.lax/libwxsmith_properties.a/wxsarraystringeditordlg.o .libs/libwxsmithlib.lax/libwxsmith_properties.a/wxspropertycontainer.o .libs/libwxsmithlib.lax/libwxsmith_properties.a/wxspropertygridmanager.o .libs/libwxsmithlib.lax/libwxsmith_properties.a/wxspropertystream.o
-
wxsmith_wxwidgets.a/wxwidgetsguiconfigpanel.o .libs/libwxsmithlib.lax/libwxsmith_wxwidgets.a/wxwidgetsres.o .libs/libwxsmithlib.lax/libwxsmith_wxwidgets.a/wxwidgetsresfactory.o   -L/Users/bnilsson/lib /Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a ../../../sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.dylib /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libiconv.dylib /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libpthread.dylib /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libdl.dylib /Users/bnilsson/cb/trunk/src/sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.dylib /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libz.dylib -lwxregexu-2.8 -lwxexpat-2.8 -lwxtiff-2.8 -lwxjpeg-2.8 -lwxpng-2.8 -lz /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib -lpthread -ldl  -framework QuickTime -framework IOKit -framework Carbon -framework Cocoa -framework System -framework WebKit -install_name  /Users/bnilsson/lib/libwxsmithlib.0.dylib -Wl,-compatibility_version -Wl,1 -Wl,-current_version -Wl,1.1
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZTV12wxAppConsole
/Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a(monolib_appbase.o) definition of __ZTV12wxAppConsole in section (__DATA,__const)
../../../sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.dylib(single module) definition of __ZTV12wxAppConsole
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __ZTV22wxConsoleAppTraitsBase
/Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a(monolib_appbase.o) definition of __ZTV22wxConsoleAppTraitsBase in section (__DATA,__const)
../../../sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.dylib(single module) definition of __ZTV22wxConsoleAppTraitsBase
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __Z12wxWakeUpIdlev.eh
/Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a(monolib_appbase.o) definition of absolute __Z12wxWakeUpIdlev.eh (value 0x0)
../../../sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.dylib(single module) definition of __Z12wxWakeUpIdlev.eh
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __Z6wxExitv
/Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a(monolib_appbase.o) definition of __Z6wxExitv in section (__TEXT,__text)
../../../sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.dylib(single module) definition of __Z6wxExitv
ld: multiple definitions of symbol __Z6wxExitv.eh
/Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a(monolib_appbase.o) definition of absolute __Z6wxExitv.eh (value 0x0)
../../../sdk/.libs/libcodeblocks.dylib(single module) definition of __Z6wxExitv.eh

and this goes on forever. It seems the wx library is linked in twice.

bnilsson

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 01:20:34 pm »
I just reviewed the wiki on OSX install.
../configure --enable-shared --enable-monolithic --enable-unicode --with-mac --with-opengl \
            --with-png=builtin --with-jpeg=builtin --with-tiff=builtin --with-expat=builtin
I will retry with wx shared as prescribed, sorry.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 01:36:15 pm »
Did anyone else tried to compile it on Mandriva ?

Yes, I've compiled C::B (Till revision 3910) in Mandriva and it didn't complain at that line. I'm using Mandriva 2007.1 in VMware, wxWidgets-2.8.3 compiled with GTK+2.10.11.

I've applied a fix which now cleans that line a little bit. Hopefully it would compile in your PC.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 02:50:15 am »
*** Warning: Linking the shared library libwxsmithlib.la against the
*** static library /Users/bnilsson/lib/libwx_macu-2.8.a is not portable!
Should wxWidgets be installed as static or shared? Or should CB be configured with --disable-shared if wxWidgets is static?

Is this important? I am using Macports automake tools at /opt/local , is a mixup between the /usr versions serious?

It says warning so it should work AFAIK. Butt dynamic will probably be better.

never mind the libiconv.la issue i always get it and it's never done me any harm.