Author Topic: wxWidgets project wizard not finding wxWidgets  (Read 6140 times)

Kaze Youkai

wxWidgets project wizard not finding wxWidgets
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:28:56 pm »
Alright, so I've built wxWidgets according to the Wiki. It generated the libs and the dll, but the new project wizard claims that "The path you entered seems valid, but this wizard can't find wxWikdgets' files in it..." when I specify "F:\C++\Tools\wxGTK" for the path (minus the quotes). wxGTK is the directory with build\msw and the lib\gcc_dll subdirectories.

Any suggestions?

I am using:
C::B svn build 3899
MinGW with GCC 3.4.5
WinXP SP2

-Kaze
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 01:26:30 am by Kaze Youkai »

Kaze Youkai

Re: wxWidgets project wizard not finding wxWidgets
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:03:40 am »
Any ideas? MY guess is that there's an option somewhere that I'm missing....

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 01:09:09 am »
You are using the wxGTK port, get wxMSW for windows.

Edit: Weird, it seems, that the wxGTK also contains the WinApi port :shock:
You need to set the wxwidgets settings in the project wizard exactly like you compiled wx (ansi/unicode, monolithic, dynamic/static, ...).

Regards raph
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 01:39:56 am by raph »

Kaze Youkai

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 07:41:49 pm »
Yes, but where is that? I looked around, and nothing came up in the settings menu. The wizard stops at the fifth page, where it asks me to locate wxWidgets, long before it asks for any settings. 0.o

I'll try nuking my configuration and see if that helps something....
Edit: Bah. No luck. >.<
Screw it. Does anyone have a wxWidgets build for WinXP that's working up for download somewhere, preferably 2.8.x? At least then I can figure out if it's the build itself or something with Code::Blocks.

-Kaze
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:03:37 pm by Kaze Youkai »

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 08:49:33 pm »
If bandwidth is not a problem, then try wxPack (http://wxpack.sourceforge.net/). It comes with pre-compiled wx.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 09:02:34 am »
Quote from: Kaze Youkai
(..) Does anyone have a wxWidgets build for WinXP that's working up for download somewhere, preferably 2.8.x? (..)

As far as i can see, CRC, LF, sizes and formats are different between wxGTK and wxMSW. And i suppose taht there is a good reason for deploying an specific plattform version for wxWidgets, so i can't understand why are you trying to compile and use wxGTK on Windows XP. Perhaps if you try to build the proper source (wxMSW), your problems would run out.

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline raph

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:12:32 am »
Quote from: Kaze Youkai
(..) Does anyone have a wxWidgets build for WinXP that's working up for download somewhere, preferably 2.8.x? (..)

As far as i can see, CRC, LF, sizes and formats are different between wxGTK and wxMSW. And i suppose taht there is a good reason for deploying an specific plattform version for wxWidgets, so i can't understand why are you trying to compile and use wxGTK on Windows XP. Perhaps if you try to build the proper source (wxMSW), your problems would run out.

Regards.

It's wired, but wxGTK compiles (and runs) for windows (and that's not the gtk port).  :shock:
Just try it. But I surely also recommend to use wxMSW with windows :D.

Regards
raph