Author Topic: C::B hanging with wxWidgets 2.8.x  (Read 6340 times)

nottin

C::B hanging with wxWidgets 2.8.x
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:30:12 am »
I've been holding this back for a while, probably for about 3-4 months actually.
I never reported this before because I thought it might just be me (still might I guess), but I've had this problem since Ubuntu Dapper and still have it in Feisty beta. I always install new version on a freshly formatted disk, never upgrade. The problem still happens with wxWidgets 2.8.1 from the Ubuntu Feisty repos.

What happens is that before the main window is completely rendered, codeblocks hangs.
The problem always happens when the compiler plugin is loaded, and never happens when it is not loaded.
I've attached a screenshot, and circled an area. That area continuously flickers, as if it is stuck in a permanent loop or something.
The terminal "spits out" this when it starts to render the main windows:
(codeblocks:14184): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_realize_icon: assertion `info->icon_pixmap == NULL' failed
This error message don't happen when the compiler plugin isn't loaded.

It doesn't slow down the computer or anything, only codeblocks is unresponsive.

I can't give you a core file since it doesn't actually crash. I'd love to debug more for you, but I have no idea how to use gdb.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 08:31:49 am by nottin »

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: C::B hanging with wxWidgets 2.8.x
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:34:11 pm »
I don't pretend to know what the problem is, but have you tried using wxGTK 2.6 instead of 2.8? I've been able to successfully build and use C::B in 6.06 32-bit and 6.10 64-bit, both using wxGTK 2.6. The gtk_window_realize_icon assertion still happens occasionally, but the hanging issue doesn't.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

nottin

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 05:58:02 pm »
Oh, I know the problem is with wxWidgets 2.8, I'm just reporting it in hope of having it fixed. I mean, they'll probably move on to wxWidgets 2.8 or later at some point, so if it's a bug, it's good to have it fixed anyway.
C::B works fine when I build it against wxW 2.6.

hungtselin

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:35:29 pm »
Oh, I know the problem is with wxWidgets 2.8, I'm just reporting it in hope of having it fixed. I mean, they'll probably move on to wxWidgets 2.8 or later at some point, so if it's a bug, it's good to have it fixed anyway.
C::B works fine when I build it against wxW 2.6.
C::B can work with wxWidgets 2.8.4 rc2 , maybe you can try  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 02:43:19 pm by hungtselin »

diilbert

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 02:40:41 am »
This is what you are looking for:  http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,5805.msg44983.html#msg44983

I have to try this out and will let you all know ;)

nottin

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 04:18:20 am »
2.8.4 fixed the problem. :)